Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Pulled Over

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Pulled Over

Any body get pulled over for mods youve done to your truck?

I got pulled over for my tail light tint at night. Yea its dark in the daytime but at night really?!
Attached Images  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:36 PM
2015 F-150 3.5 ecoboost

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

just today second time for tail light said they r blacked out but all I did was paint over the reflective part of lens u can see the bulb and light up clear as day. Course I think this cop had it out for me second time same cop warning each time. Butthe reason for pullin me over today he did pull me over for speeding. Which I don't think is right cause I pass him same time every day same spot same speed for two months now and nothing he says u was goin 51 in a 35 but not even a 1/4 down the limit sign says 50. Srry for long post sort of vented.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:00 PM

Received 91 Likes on 86 Posts

Gotta watch that taillight tint. Cops around here are strict on that if it was too dark. @op - that dark around here is garaunteed a ticket haha thats why i dont even bother with mine. Also scared of stupid/not very good sighted people rear ending me.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:05 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

I had the opportunity to donate $250 to the City of Chicago for my window tint.

I didn't get pulled over, though, a Meter Maid left me the ticket!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Resident light whore

Received 751 Likes on 614 Posts

I got pulled over for doing a rolling stop at a stop sign the cop said he woulda ignored it if I didn't have so many lights on lol. But he was cool and only gave me a warning. I also got chewed out by an off duty Barney at a gas station for having my lights on. He walked up and said he was a cop, they were illegal, and he was going to call one of his buddies up there to write me a ticket. I told him they were legal (which they are in Arkansas if they aren't mounted higher than the grille) and to get off my truck cause he came up and started leaning on it all proud of himself. He wasn't to happy about being told off by a 17 year old. I'm usually really respectful of adults but his attitude severely pissed me off.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:12 PM
$C-MONEY$

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been warned for my tail lights 6 times and I'm sure there will be more to come but I've never got a ticket for it. I've got warned for not haveing a muffler, my window window tint my tail light tint and my headlights haveing a black backing all in one pulling over lol
Old 06-25-2012, 03:19 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Got pulled over the first day I got the truck for window tint and exhaust, got a warning. Pulled over coming back last memorial day weekend fourwheeling for tint and exhaust, got a 15 day notice to correct and got an officer to sign off on it with only taking the side tint off. Pulled over the most recent time coming back from hunting, same place as the last one, for tint and hids (officer said my exhaust sounded good, so he didnt put that on the list) got a 15 day notice to correct. Been pretty lucky

Trending Topics

Old 06-25-2012, 03:23 PM

Received 434 Likes on 419 Posts

Got warned for speeding doing 60 in 45, but ended up with a ticket from FDOT for blacked out headlights with no orange reflectors, Tinted tail lights where the reflectors were not visible from 50 ft away, then to top it all off my windows tint is 5% under the legal limit..
Old 06-25-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by texastruckguy
just today second time for tail light said they r blacked out but all I did was paint over the reflective part of lens u can see the bulb and light up clear as day. Course I think this cop had it out for me second time same cop warning each time. Butthe reason for pullin me over today he did pull me over for speeding. Which I don't think is right cause I pass him same time every day same spot same speed for two months now and nothing he says u was goin 51 in a 35 but not even a 1/4 down the limit sign says 50. Srry for long post sort of vented.
haha its all good that sucks though.

Originally Posted by greenheadkiller98
Gotta watch that taillight tint. Cops around here are strict on that if it was too dark. @op - that dark around here is garaunteed a ticket haha thats why i dont even bother with mine. Also scared of stupid/not very good sighted people rear ending me.
yea i always worried about someone rear ending me also. especially elderly people. lol

Originally Posted by GATORB8
I had the opportunity to donate $250 to the City of Chicago for my window tint.

I didn't get pulled over, though, a Meter Maid left me the ticket!
i didnt even know a meter maid could do that!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:05 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by mpbball2332
i didnt even know a meter maid could do that!
I didn't either. I was parked legally, too. Chicago proper has some strict ordinances, all aimed at making money of course. Your exhaust doesn't have to meet a dB meter, it has to be quieter than stock!

Quick Reply: Pulled Over