Engine Builders talk. - Page 934 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Engine Builders talk.

Reply

 
 
 
Old 04-21-2017, 10:13 AM
  #9331  
98 F150 4X4 5.4L E4OD
 
Jbrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 14,707
Thanked 1,052 Times in 984 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Carcrazygts2 View Post
No. Wasnt on my mind. One is a Ford and the other is a GM. Both are the same year, cab configuration, and mileage.
What did you say earlier, a Denali right, family vehicle ? Which Fords are you looking at ?
Jbrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:56 AM
  #9332  
98 F150 4X4 5.4L E4OD
 
Jbrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 14,707
Thanked 1,052 Times in 984 Posts
Default

Finally called on this Florida truck, it was the cleanest truck I could find, -





They sold it almost 3 weeks ago
Jbrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:33 AM
  #9333  
98 F150 4X4 5.4L E4OD
 
Jbrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 14,707
Thanked 1,052 Times in 984 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cmanjr View Post
I've seen interior swaps done. How complicated it is, I'm not sure of. But it's been done and can be done. I don't know what all needs to be modified or changed in order to make everything fit, but I can't imagine it be too much to change seeing the truck cabs are virtually all the same.

Only thing that might make it any more complex is the electronics side to go with the newer interiors and making it work in the older cab, how much a pain it might be to get everything to play nice and work correctly.
Well, it's confirmed...Yea I just found one w/interior swap, it reads, -

2005 FORD F-250 SUPER DUTY WITH ONLY 155K MILES!! THIS AMAZING TRUCK IS BRILLIANT YELLOW WITH BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR!! THE TRUCK FEATURES AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND A 6.0L TURBO DIESEL POWER STROKE ENGINE!! THE VEHICLES INTERIOR HAS BEEN FULLY SWAPPED OUT FOR THE 08-10 INTERIOR WITH DUAL POWER FRONT CAPTAINS CHAIRS AND CENTER CONSOLE!!
Jbrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 AM
  #9334  
Senior Member
 
2thousand5.4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,904
Thanked 104 Times in 101 Posts
Default

What fuel pump and injectors should I run?

9.6:1 cr
38cc TFS heads
Unsure of cam
10 or 12 pounds of boost
Single blade TB
Ported blower and mid plate

Single 310 or dual 255s?
60lb injectors?
2thousand5.4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:41 AM
  #9335  
98 F150 4X4 5.4L E4OD
 
Jbrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 14,707
Thanked 1,052 Times in 984 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2thousand5.4 View Post
Yeah I'm burning 1.5 quarts per 1k :yikes: something is gonna have to get done here soon. I'd rather do it now while it still runs then get stuck with a blown up engine.
Holey Crap! That's a lot of oil, is it smoking ? I guess you can quit changing it now...self maintaining. Nah, you still have to change it, need to keep good filtering but I would switch to conventional oil.

Good thing, - just like the older Ford engines, they can go along way like that as long as you keep oil in it.
Jbrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:51 AM
  #9336  
Senior Member
 
2thousand5.4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,904
Thanked 104 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jbrew View Post
Holey Crap! That's a lot of oil, is it smoking ? I guess you can quit changing it now...self maintaining. Nah, you still have to change it, need to keep good filtering but I would switch to conventional oil.

Good thing, - just like the older Ford engines, they can go along way like that as long as you keep oil in it.
Smokes a little puff on start up but that's it. I use motorcraft oil and filters. Brand new Motorcraft pcv too. My coolant is turning brown so I think there might be some oil in it. I really could care less now lol as long as the new motor isn't burning it
2thousand5.4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:38 PM
  #9337  
Senior Member
 
Cmanjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 14,978
Thanked 140 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jbrew
Well, it's confirmed...Yea I just found one w/interior swap, it reads, -

2005 FORD F-250 SUPER DUTY WITH ONLY 155K MILES!! THIS AMAZING TRUCK IS BRILLIANT YELLOW WITH BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR!! THE TRUCK FEATURES AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND A 6.0L TURBO DIESEL POWER STROKE ENGINE!! THE VEHICLES INTERIOR HAS BEEN FULLY SWAPPED OUT FOR THE 08-10 INTERIOR WITH DUAL POWER FRONT CAPTAINS CHAIRS AND CENTER CONSOLE!!
Sweet. Guess that's that then.
Originally Posted by 2thousand5.4
What fuel pump and injectors should I run?

9.6:1 cr
38cc TFS heads
Unsure of cam
10 or 12 pounds of boost
Single blade TB
Ported blower and mid plate

Single 310 or dual 255s?
60lb injectors?
Most people I see go with dual 255s, but what do I know lol, Im just going based off what I've seen as others setups. Probably just depends on where you look and who you talk to, probably based off preference.
Cmanjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:41 PM
  #9338  
Senior Member
 
Cmanjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 14,978
Thanked 140 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2thousand5.4
Smokes a little puff on start up but that's it. I use motorcraft oil and filters. Brand new Motorcraft pcv too. My coolant is turning brown so I think there might be some oil in it. I really could care less now lol as long as the new motor isn't burning it
Sounds like it could just be a head gasket then. Could be leaking oil both into the combustion chamber(s) and into the coolant passages at the head mating surface. Just make sure you're not getting coolant into oil pan and it probably will keep running alright until you've got a new motor ready to slap in.

But maybe you could get away with just a head gasket and it solves both problems. Your truck seems healthy besides the oil being burned/getting into the coolant.
Cmanjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:34 AM
  #9339  
98 F150 4X4 5.4L E4OD
 
Jbrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 14,707
Thanked 1,052 Times in 984 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2thousand5.4 View Post
My coolant is turning brown so I think there might be some oil in it.
I think I mentioned this before, maybe not. If you have oil in the coolant you would see blobs of it. Kind of like little oil slicks. Brown is just rust working it's way out of the block. Oil in the coolant doesn't mean it's a head gasket, well, it's not a done deal anyway..could be from your cooler. Right, coolant in the oil is different, it'll thicken the oil and seize the engine eventually. Depends on the leak, could stop up the oil pump if you use at the very least a 50/50 mix. So, in reality, you could just be talkin shiii about you engine lol. It helps warrant a new one with a bunch of power.

I've been thinkin shiii about my truck, I want a new one.

Last edited by Jbrew; 04-22-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Jbrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:55 AM
  #9340  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,363
Thanked 417 Times in 406 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jbrew View Post
What did you say earlier, a Denali right, family vehicle ? Which Fords are you looking at ?
The 2 trucks I looke at were both '14's. The Ford was platinum with around 50k with the 6.2. th GM was a Silverado with the 6.2. with 55k. Both about the same price and waiting on the bank. Both were 4wd. I liked the Ford better
Carcrazygts2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine Builders talk.


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: