Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered an XLT SuperCab

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 10:20 AM

Received 380 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Ordered an XLT SuperCab

Dealer says it'll likely show up at the end of March or beginning of April.

It's a SuperCab XLT 2.7 4x4 in Lead Foot. On top of that, I added
-3.73 E-Locker
-302a
-XLT Power Equipment Group
-Trailer Tow Package
-Sport Appearance Package-
-Drop-in Bedliner
-Kicker Subwoofer
-All-weather floor mats

Really excited to get it. I debated on the subwoofer because it was kind of an expensive option and no one has one to hear. Ultimately, I liked that it was factory and hidden behind the back seat out of the way. All I want it to do is help round out the sound, so I think it'll be enough for me.

I also debated on the 3.5, but couldn't justify the price hike. In this config with the 3.73s, the 2.7 is rated for 8100 lbs. I can't see ever needing more than that. I'm also told that the 2.7 feels stronger in day to day driving unloaded.

I'm coming from a 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport double cab long bed 4x4. It's been a great truck, but I couldn't justify another when I could get an F150 for about the same price.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:07 PM
2018 Lariat 4x4

Received 91 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Get on board!

Congrats! Come hang out with the rest of us that are waiting on our trucks!

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/track...592/index1044/

Cheers,
-BlueSpark

Originally Posted by js312
Dealer says it'll likely show up at the end of March or beginning of April.

It's a SuperCab XLT 2.7 4x4 in Lead Foot. On top of that, I added
-3.73 E-Locker
-302a
-XLT Power Equipment Group
-Trailer Tow Package
-Sport Appearance Package-
-Drop-in Bedliner
-Kicker Subwoofer
-All-weather floor mats

Really excited to get it. I debated on the subwoofer because it was kind of an expensive option and no one has one to hear. Ultimately, I liked that it was factory and hidden behind the back seat out of the way. All I want it to do is help round out the sound, so I think it'll be enough for me.

I also debated on the 3.5, but couldn't justify the price hike. In this config with the 3.73s, the 2.7 is rated for 8100 lbs. I can't see ever needing more than that. I'm also told that the 2.7 feels stronger in day to day driving unloaded.

I'm coming from a 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport double cab long bed 4x4. It's been a great truck, but I couldn't justify another when I could get an F150 for about the same price.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:13 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Just wondering why order it? Seems pretty cut and dry SCAB XLT 302A. Nothing on the lots around?

I get ordering if adding unique stuff like BLIS or other unique add ons.

Just curious, don't really know anything at all about having them built

BTW Cngrats! I also have the SCAB and love it. Awesome trucks.

Last edited by KubotaB; 01-27-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by KubotaB
Just wondering why order it? Seems pretty cut and dry SCAB XLT 302A. Nothing on the lots around?

I get ordering if adding unique stuff like BLIS or other unique add ons.

Just curious, don't really know anything at all about having them built

BTW Cngrats! I also have the SCAB and love it. Awesome trucks.
I couldn't find a truck around here with a configuration that made sense. Virtually none had tow packages, none had 3.73s, and they had extras I didn't care about like $1000 wheels and the $800 nav option. So, the ones on lots that were close were still missing things that I wanted, had others I didn't care about, and the MSRP was higher.

Dealer searched for trucks like mine and he found one in the entire country, and it was 3000 miles away.
The following users liked this post:
KubotaB (01-27-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 04:18 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by js312
I couldn't find a truck around here with a configuration that made sense. Virtually none had tow packages, none had 3.73s, and they had extras I didn't care about like $1000 wheels and the $800 nav option. So, the ones on lots that were close were still missing things that I wanted, had others I didn't care about, and the MSRP was higher.

Dealer searched for trucks like mine and he found one in the entire country, and it was 3000 miles away.
Its going to be a long rest of winter waiting!!

Wow, I would have not guess that configuration was so hard to find. It will be nice to have it exactly the way you want it. I ended up paying 800 for some BS Telogics thing that is a complete waste.

Can I ask, Do you have the same bargaining ability with a build your own?
Old 01-27-2018, 04:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Good choice in color. Leadfoot is my favorite. If I see the right configuration in leadfoot pop up on a lot near me, I'm gonna ****** it.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats! I ordered a Leadfoot SCREW on 1/19.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by KubotaB
Its going to be a long rest of winter waiting!!

Wow, I would have not guess that configuration was so hard to find. It will be nice to have it exactly the way you want it. I ended up paying 800 for some BS Telogics thing that is a complete waste.

Can I ask, Do you have the same bargaining ability with a build your own?
I paid invoice minus incentives at a little dealer near me. Maybe could have done better if I drove to a big city dealer and haggled and pitted some against others but I figured what's my time worth?
Old 01-27-2018, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Teeitup
Good choice in color. Leadfoot is my favorite. If I see the right configuration in leadfoot pop up on a lot near me, I'm gonna ****** it.
I was originally going for Magnetic until he told me he could order me a lead foot without the weird graphics appearance it was trying to force on my in the online builder. He had a similar lead foot on the lot and it is a great color!
Old 01-27-2018, 04:50 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats! That lead foot looks awesome! have any other plans for it once you get the truck?

Quick Reply: Ordered an XLT SuperCab