Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Guns

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 12:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Guns

I want to keep my gun where I can get to it quickly without opening anything but also keep it out of plain sight. I was wondering where others kept theirs and if anyone has come across a holster for the seat or center console.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find a cheap holster with a metal clip that can be used to clip over your pants or belt. Paddle type holsters would work too and might be easier depending on where you want to put your gun. Figure out where you want it and make a mount that hoods the holster and just leave it in your truck so it is their any time you want to use it. I have mine mounted between the seat and console just low enought that if I get out you cant see it. The molded paddle holsters work great for this but they only work with one gun. I used a cheap nylon universal one that also holds a spare mag. To make my mount I just used some 1" flat steel and a few quick welds and bolted it to the floor with the bolts holding the goodies already under the seat.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:51 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Good topic. I love to read stuff like this.

Anyway, I have the 40-20-40 center console seat too, and I literally just tuck my 1911 right between the driver seat and center seat in the holster, (so it doesn't wear the upholstery out or get oil or anything on it). I have a really thin nylon holster that I took the metal clip right off of specifically for this purpose. And with me sitting in the seat, and the center console down, you can't really see it at all.

I did see a holster somewhere that straps to the seat back and places the gun on your left side by the door, but it may be a little tight for a quick draw.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tuck my Glock between my seat as well. Easy to get to and out of plain sight unless I step out, you can see the base of the grip.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 3p0x1fx4
I tuck my Glock between my seat as well. Easy to get to and out of plain sight unless I step out, you can see the base of the grip.

same here... when not in California...
Old 05-14-2010, 02:02 PM

I have a friend who has a sub box that looks like it holds 2 subs but 1 of them is a dummy sub. It's like a trunk but he keeps a shotgun in there
Old 05-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Mustang Addict

Originally Posted by mechanic124
Find a cheap holster with a metal clip that can be used to clip over your pants or belt. Paddle type holsters would work too and might be easier depending on where you want to put your gun. Figure out where you want it and make a mount that hoods the holster and just leave it in your truck so it is their any time you want to use it. I have mine mounted between the seat and console just low enought that if I get out you cant see it. The molded paddle holsters work great for this but they only work with one gun. I used a cheap nylon universal one that also holds a spare mag. To make my mount I just used some 1" flat steel and a few quick welds and bolted it to the floor with the bolts holding the goodies already under the seat.
I agree with all of the above except for leaving it in the truck at all times. I keep mine in a modified holster between the driver's seat and middle seat. It's a tight squeeze but it works. However, I NEVER leave it in the truck. If the truck disappears, the gun disappears with it.

Trending Topics

Old 05-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Things are looking up!

I think he was only talking about leaving the holster in the truck at all times and not the actual gun.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:41 PM

I never leave a gun in the truck un attended as well. In the event that you would you wouldnt want it to be seen.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:23 PM

I have a center shifter so I can't tuck it in between the seats. I think mounting a holster sounds like my best option.

Anybody ever worry about it going off in a wreck...just wondering

Quick Reply: Guns