Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Sync update, wrong language pack

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 09:51 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Installed Sync update, wrong language pack

after reading, i noticed i was about 3 updates behind on sync versions so i googled around a bit and found update 3.10. thought all was good and started the install. after it completed, it started talking in U.K. English and thought it was just a matter of setting it back to US. Well, when i looked at the options, I don't have US English. It doesn't bother me all that much, but even the GPS voice is UK.... I'm surprised the truck doesn't shut down for a cup of tea every couple of hours.

I have the correct file now, but when i try the update, it says that it is already installed since it is the same version number. Any ideas?
Old 12-04-2017, 10:28 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Well at least its not in dirka dirka...

I wonder if forscan can allow a different version to be installed or be reverted to an older version?
Old 12-04-2017, 10:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't mean to jack this thread, but I logged into owner.ford.com and it said there is a SYNC update. I downloaded the update and put it on a USB drive. I put the USB drive into the USB jack in my truck and it said it could not load it. Are the SYNC updates only for units with navigation?

Once again. not meaning to jack the thread, I just didn't want to start a whole new thread just for this...
Old 12-04-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Originally Posted by truckdriverguy
I don't mean to jack this thread, but I logged into owner.ford.com and it said there is a SYNC update. I downloaded the update and put it on a USB drive. I put the USB drive into the USB jack in my truck and it said it could not load it. Are the SYNC updates only for units with navigation?

Once again. not meaning to jack the thread, I just didn't want to start a whole new thread just for this...
When you log into your Ford account, and pick the right vehicle (if you have more than one), IF it shows you a Sync update then the update is for your vehicle. Therefore, if it won't load it, you need to problem solve. The usual issue people run into is formatting the drive the wrong way first, or having other stuff on it.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:56 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by truckdriverguy

I think it depends on what your unit is and what the update is for.

I wouldn't update unless you are having issues. There are a lot of guys who do update and end up having issues.

Here is one thread on it.
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/sync-u...340094/index6/
Old 12-04-2017, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
When you log into your Ford account, and pick the right vehicle (if you have more than one), IF it shows you a Sync update then the update is for your vehicle. Therefore, if it won't load it, you need to problem solve. The usual issue people run into is formatting the drive the wrong way first, or having other stuff on it.
I bought a brand new USB drive just for the update.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tothemax
I think it depends on what your unit is and what the update is for.

I wouldn't update unless you are having issues. There are a lot of guys who do update and end up having issues.

Here is one thread on it.
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/sync-u...340094/index6/
No issues. Looks like I will leave it alone.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:08 PM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

Bloody 'ell !
Old 12-04-2017, 04:23 PM
DBLX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At least you got an update. I haven't gotten one in yrs. 09 F-150
Old 12-04-2017, 08:41 PM

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,205 Posts

Originally Posted by Tothemax
Well at least its not in dirka dirka...

I wonder if forscan can allow a different version to be installed or be reverted to an older version?
That is a no on Forscan helping with this .

There has to be a way to re-install in case of bad update or to fix issues...