Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stance

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 02:11 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Default Stance

Have owned several trucks and currently own a 2015 F-150. I took delivery back in April.

I really enjoy looking through all the threads showing all the different builds/mods.

Obviously some look better (to me) than others. All of the different "tastes" is what makes the world go 'round.... would be quite boring if we all built the same truck.

In regards to leveling the truck just for the sake of not having the nose down, I don't think it looks as "cool" - "mean" - "bad" etc.

I guess I'm just wondering how much of the minority I'm in... seems like I'm the only one.

Anyone else like the factory stance look rather than leveling the truck?

Old 11-04-2015, 02:27 AM

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

I prefer the factory stance. It is a truck after all, and will level by itself as soon as the weight of a load is put in the bed.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:38 AM
Village Sociopath

Received 10,073 Likes on 6,507 Posts

I like the factory rake as well, with the truck sitting slightly higher. It doesn't take much of a load to make these trucks sag in the rear. Well, not just Ford trucks either, chivvy is just as bad.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:28 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

For the life of me I couldn't think of the word "rake" when I was starting this thread... all I could think of was stance.

I'll go back to bed now...
The following users liked this post:
johnday in BFE (11-04-2015)
Old 11-04-2015, 07:34 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

I prefer the factory rake also.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:02 AM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

To me, "stance" is an all-inclusive term ... has to do with rake, overall ride height, tire size, track width, etc. Rake is just the angle at which the truck sits front to back.

That said, I prefer a LITTLE rake unless you're using your truck 90% of the time (or more) to haul relatively heavy loads that would cause your truck to be "squatting" most of the time.

My preferred look on our trucks is a modest lift, aggressive larger tires (not huge tires) ... a slight rake, and a very slightly wider track width. I think those "subtle" mods just make the truck look a little more aggressive, ready to tackle 90% of 'normal' off-road challenges, still carry/haul/tow a hefty load, and still be very manageable on the pavement.

Here's my truck, set up pretty darn close to what I would consider "perfect" ... I wouldn't mind it sitting about 1" taller, but it's not a big deal. It's got about 1/2" of rake, which is not all that noticeable all the time either.

Name:  20150718_125907.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  362.7 KB
Old 11-04-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I much prefer the factory "stance". No leveling will be done on my truck.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Just my opinion...leveling these trucks and adding larger tires makes these trucks look so much better. Started with me 10 yrs ago with my '04 Lariat that sat so high in the rear from the factory it looked goofy.

factory rake

After leveling and tires
Old 11-05-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiggum
To me, "stance" is an all-inclusive term ... has to do with rake, overall ride height, tire size, track width, etc. Rake is just the angle at which the truck sits front to back.

That said, I prefer a LITTLE rake unless you're using your truck 90% of the time (or more) to haul relatively heavy loads that would cause your truck to be "squatting" most of the time.

My preferred look on our trucks is a modest lift, aggressive larger tires (not huge tires) ... a slight rake, and a very slightly wider track width. I think those "subtle" mods just make the truck look a little more aggressive, ready to tackle 90% of 'normal' off-road challenges, still carry/haul/tow a hefty load, and still be very manageable on the pavement.

Here's my truck, set up pretty darn close to what I would consider "perfect" ... I wouldn't mind it sitting about 1" taller, but it's not a big deal. It's got about 1/2" of rake, which is not all that noticeable all the time either.

Gotta say I like this look, the "slight" factory rake. When I purchased my truck I removed the level. I added stock size BFG KO2's. To me it rides better now...at least for my needs. Admittedly, I'm always thinking, just a little taller and slightly larger tires. Not to knock look the level. It looks great when done right. Just not for me.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

Trucks look better squatting, and that's a fact. I think everybody agrees with me here.

Quick Reply: Stance