Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mud flaps?

Old 02-10-2019, 10:43 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Mud flaps?

I'm not real crazy about putting mud flaps on my 2018 F-150 but I sometimes have to drive down messy roads for some work I do. Some are messy enough that I need to use 4WD. I spent well over an hour cleaning my undercarriage tonight and I'll bet there was 150 pounds or more of mud up in there. I use my lawn sprinkler when this happens and just let it run under there for a while. One of the ones that sweeps back and forth. I'd like to avoid as much as I can in the future. Third time I've had tons of mud on my truck and I haven't even had it two months. HA! The WeatherTech look nice. I just want to keep the bulk of it out from under the truck. The wheel wells are hard enough to wash out.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:03 PM

Liked 18 Times in 17 Posts

I have the weather tech's. I love them. They weren't very difficult to put on, and makes a big difference in keeping my truck clean.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:11 AM

Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts

Mud flaps keep mud off the sides of your truck, not the undercarriage.
The following users liked this post: N4HHE
Ricktwuhk (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:33 AM

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Does front mud flaps help keep the inside of the doors just below the hinges any cleaner? This is my big gripe.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:54 AM

Liked 146 Times in 119 Posts

Originally Posted by KC10Chief View Post
I'm not real crazy about putting mud flaps on my 2018 F-150 but I sometimes have to drive down messy roads for some work I do. Some are messy enough that I need to use 4WD. I spent well over an hour cleaning my undercarriage tonight and I'll bet there was 150 pounds or more of mud up in there. I use my lawn sprinkler when this happens and just let it run under there for a while. One of the ones that sweeps back and forth. I'd like to avoid as much as I can in the future. Third time I've had tons of mud on my truck and I haven't even had it two months. HA! The WeatherTech look nice. I just want to keep the bulk of it out from under the truck. The wheel wells are hard enough to wash out.
Originally Posted by RN2013 View Post
Does front mud flaps help keep the inside of the doors just below the hinges any cleaner? This is my big gripe.
The lawn sprinkler idea is a great one! Especially here in the land of salt. They are getting crazy again. Just wait for a day where there is a bit of a thaw and irrigate the undercarriage!
Mud flaps help but don't stop spray and dirt on the sides front and rear. The biggest thing is stopping stones and debris being kicked up. For the rear, wheel well liners are the best mod to do.
BTW I installed Husky mud flaps and well liners to good effect.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:48 AM

Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
The lawn sprinkler idea is a great one! Especially here in the land of salt. They are getting crazy again. Just wait for a day where there is a bit of a thaw and irrigate the undercarriage!
Mud flaps help but don't stop spray and dirt on the sides front and rear. The biggest thing is stopping stones and debris being kicked up. For the rear, wheel well liners are the best mod to do.
BTW I installed Husky mud flaps and well liners to good effect.
the front mud flaps will also help in stopping mud from collecting on your running boards so that when you exit the vehicle, you’re not stepping in mud, slipping off the running board or getting that crap all over your pant legs. Put a set on my work truck and it has made a world of difference in that regard.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:00 PM

Liked 1,073 Times in 631 Posts

I unknowingly drove through some wet concrete (construction zone) one night with my new F150. I didn't notice it when I parked the truck for the night.

The next morning, I saw the dried concrete residue all in the wheel wells and underneath the truck and on the tires. My mud flaps (Weathertech) kept the mess from getting on my paint. They work.
The following users liked this post: SPOAT
68injunhed (02-12-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 04:50 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for the replies! The lawn sprinkler works real well but you have to move it around a lot. Not a big deal. I find that dirt packs on under the running boards and in the door seal like somebody else mentioned. The lawn sprinkler does a good job of removing all of this too but if I can avoid packing most of it on in the first place, that would be great. I have WeatherTech floor mats. I'll check out their mud flaps too. I'd definitely like something that's bolt on and no drilling.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:51 PM
G20

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I just put the Weather Tech No-Drill flaps on my truck. The roads are awful where I live right now. Sand, snow, slush everywhere.

I notice the flaps keep all that junk from building up where the door meets the fender. They seem to do a great job so far.

The sprinkler is a great idea. Coincidentally I just saw one of these at Home Depot last week. I'm thinking of picking one up. It would be like a sprinkler on steroids.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-11...1211/300701617
Old 02-11-2019, 06:41 PM

Liked 30 Times in 28 Posts

WeatherTech on my 16 FX4 and love em

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mud flaps?

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: