Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leak Issues!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 09:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Leak Issues!!!

I took delivery of a 2015 Platinum 4x4 in late December of last year. Several times after heavy rain I would hear water sloshing around and believed it to be water draining off the truck. Two weeks ago it happened again an I isolated the sound to the passenger side. I inspected further and noticed the front floor board on the passenger side was saturated in water. I pulled back the carpet and there was standing water. You cannot see water leaking in anywhere. I took this to the dealer the following Monday. It has been at the dealer for almost a week and a half and they have not been able to identify the leak. Have any others experienced anything else similar to this? They have used a garden hose to spray the truck but claim to still not identify how it is leaking. I am wondering what other options I have at this point. If after two weeks they are still unable to find I guess I will try another dealer. Spent $60K on this truck and after this issue and others buyer's remorse may be setting in. Will never buy a first run model year again. Very disappointed.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:05 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by JEDI_SKILZ
I took delivery of a 2015 Platinum 4x4 in late December of last year. Several times after heavy rain I would hear water sloshing around and believed it to be water draining off the truck. Two weeks ago it happened again an I isolated the sound to the passenger side. I inspected further and noticed the front floor board on the passenger side was saturated in water. I pulled back the carpet and there was standing water. You cannot see water leaking in anywhere. I took this to the dealer the following Monday. It has been at the dealer for almost a week and a half and they have not been able to identify the leak. Have any others experienced anything else similar to this? They have used a garden hose to spray the truck but claim to still not identify how it is leaking. I am wondering what other options I have at this point. If after two weeks they are still unable to find I guess I will try another dealer. Spent $60K on this truck and after this issue and others buyer's remorse may be setting in. Will never buy a first run model year again. Very disappointed.
Do you have a sunroof? Sounds like a sunroof drain tube leak, or it's plugged up.

Last edited by av8torken; 09-01-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:08 PM

Yes. I believe this was the first thing they checked.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:13 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Yes. I believe this was the first thing they checked.
Got any pics of the water and location in the cab?

You said they used a garden hose? May I recommend using a pressure washer to rear the leak's head instead.
The following users liked this post:
JEDI_SKILZ (09-02-2015)
Old 09-01-2015, 10:26 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Leaks from the firewall area have been common in the past.
The following 2 users liked this post by iFord:
JEDI_SKILZ (09-02-2015), mbrick (09-13-2022)
Old 09-01-2015, 10:33 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I had mine in to fix the sun roof, they straightened it and apparently changed the gasket. It still leaks in same place.
They fixed my alignment which seems better. Said one caster was higher than the other .
Fixed my door gap on drivers side upper door. It's nice now
Said they fixed passenger side it's still like it was.
Said they strained hood. Looks same as was.
Ordered parts to fix rear arm rest issue because it sticks out.

They had my truck for a few days. Then had me come get it on a Friday at 5 pm. When everyone was gone, am made me sign a bunch of papers about 3 inches thick.
I am wondering how or if they actually fixed all they said they did.
So I will return to show them.
I am quite disappointed in dealer here. Why can't they fix something properly.
It's either fixed or it is not.
JEDI_SKILZ (09-02-2015)
Old 09-02-2015, 12:10 AM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Tough lesson learned, just not Ford Tough!

With some issues being a nuisance and others being safety issues, all are concerning to new owners, most owners that is. It's like Ford took on too much redesign and model redesign in too short a time span. The rush to produce quantity, missed out on the quality. You got to remember, most owners with problems, don't necessarily appear on these forums.
JEDI_SKILZ (09-02-2015)
Old 09-02-2015, 05:22 PM

I believe a pressure washer was used after no luck with the hose. The water pools on the floorboard, passenger side, up front.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:24 PM

The dealer told me today that they cannot replicate the issue. I am working with Ford Service to schedule time at another dealer for a second opinion.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:28 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

I try to avoid first year vehicles for these very issues.

Quick Reply: Leak Issues!!!