Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Retrofits

Old 12-31-2015, 06:31 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Retrofits

Can I get some recommendations on some places that do good work to get a set of retrofits for my 06. Thanks
Old 01-09-2016, 10:00 AM

Nobody has a recommendation.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one better than bilinvic Retrofits. Check out his monstrous thread in this forum.
The following users liked this post:
1getz (01-14-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 02:08 PM

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

TRS has dealers listed so check out their dealers.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/authorized-dealers
Old 01-13-2016, 03:09 PM

Received 308 Likes on 247 Posts

Cesar (Lightwerkz) did my retrofit on my previous car in 2008. I never had any issues with them, sold the car in December 2013. It was pretty simple and he was cool enough to allow the people who I bought the parts from to mail everything directly to his shop so I wouldn’t have to pay to ship everything. Turnaround was roughly 2-3 weeks IIRC. Clean cut retro and OEM looking. Reasonable price and pretty cheap looking back on it.

here's a few pictures of them. there's more on my flickr page in my signature.

Untitled by Robert, on Flickr

cutoff about 30ft away.

cutoff by Robert, on Flickr

the beautiful cutoff roughly 100ft away.

HID Retro Cutoff by Robert, on Flickr
MGD (01-14-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 08:34 AM

Bilinvic does do nice work and I'm not saying he's not worth it but his prices are real high compared to other guys I've seen that I'm sure do great work too. Plus I had email him a couple weeks ago and never got a response.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:51 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by kitchenboy
Bilinvic does do nice work and I'm not saying he's not worth it but his prices are real high compared to other guys I've seen that I'm sure do great work too. Plus I had email him a couple weeks ago and never got a response.
IMHO - given yer location, yer choice is clear - Lightwerx is Top-Tier.

Distance From you to Lightwerx ( Howell to Oakland ):

1 h 29 min (87.5 mi) via Garden State Pkwy

Road trip.

A properly-executed retrofit is not gonna be cheap when factoring in labour and top-shelf components. Trust me - you do NOT want to save a few buckeroos by giving this job to some nipple-pierced hucklebum with an oven and some epoxy, lol.

OR, you can just do it yerself and save $$$ - there is NO End of detailed tutorial information on this site and others.

Do some reading, watch some vidyas - I think you can pull it off

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/f150-h...-4-min-240983/ (different MY, but exact same process - cake)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RetrofitSource/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/RetrofitSource

ETA: On the topic of BIV - small company/family/vacation/other - folks need to demonstrate a little patience. At yer age, you should be past the 'instant-gratification' stage, lol.

Good luck!

Cheers!
Ol' Bubber

Last edited by MGD; 01-14-2016 at 09:20 AM.
RES4CUE (01-16-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 10:57 AM

Received 308 Likes on 247 Posts

mimic of what MGD said, the driving distance from a top tier retrofitter is a big PLUS IMO. Like I said, he did mine in 2008 and even before that, he was a well established retrofitter. It's 2016 now and still pumping out top quality work.
MGD (01-14-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 09:11 AM

MGD I have plenty of patience, and I wasn't looking to get retros overnight, but if your going to be running a business and charge the kind of prices he does, I would at least expect some sort of email reply within a few days. I have a set of retros heads and fogs on my truck now that cost me around 1500 so its not about being cheap and considering Im a kitchen cabinet installer by trade and a very **** person naturally Im sure if I had the time I could do them myself, but at my age Ive gotten to the point that sometimes Id rather pay someone that knows what they are doing than do it myself when I have so much else going on. Ive decided to have Redline Lighting buid me a set of Morimoto LED fogs color matching the inside which is normally black to smokestone, and adding a set of halos into them, so I guess Ill see how they come out. He seems like a good guy and from what ive seen does nice work. Then Ill decide if I want to have a new set of heads done. Thanks for all the input. Here"s a pic of the heads I currently have.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:45 AM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by kitchenboy
MGD I have plenty of patience, and I wasn't looking to get retros overnight, but if your going to be running a business and charge the kind of prices he does, I would at least expect some sort of email reply within a few days. I have a set of retros heads and fogs on my truck now that cost me around 1500 so its not about being cheap and considering Im a kitchen cabinet installer by trade and a very **** person naturally Im sure if I had the time I could do them myself, but at my age Ive gotten to the point that sometimes Id rather pay someone that knows what they are doing than do it myself when I have so much else going on. Ive decided to have Redline Lighting buid me a set of Morimoto LED fogs color matching the inside which is normally black to smokestone, and adding a set of halos into them, so I guess Ill see how they come out. He seems like a good guy and from what ive seen does nice work. Then Ill decide if I want to have a new set of heads done. Thanks for all the input. Here"s a pic of the heads I currently have.
Bilinvic is a one man operation. He is a model builder with some of the top honors around.

I had him do mine but it was a 5 month wait (probably not as long now) and it was so worth it. His attention to detail is insane and he doesn't cut corners to rush product, he even waits three weeks for paint to cure so there is no hazing of the lens from off gassing.

I'm surprised he didn't return your email, I was in constant communication with him for the months leading up to my build about ideas. Maybe he had something come up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Retrofits