Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Went ruding now i got Code P061F!!??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 02:11 PM
$C-MONEY$

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Went ruding now i got Code P061F!!??

I took a little trip to the power lines last night and now my service engine light is on and I got code P061F says internal control module throttle actuator controller performance what does this mean ?? The truck seems to be running same as always so idk?
Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 PM
$C-MONEY$

Originally Posted by chris shadrix
I took a little trip to the power lines last night and now my service engine light is on and I got code P061F says internal control module throttle actuator controller performance what does this mean ?? The truck seems to be running same as always so idk?
Anyone have any insight??
Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 AM
$C-MONEY$

Anyone have any insight??
??
Old 11-26-2012, 05:46 AM

Received 149 Likes on 122 Posts

First off what's ruding? And what truck is it? Year? Engine? Anymore details? Every little thing can help someone diagnose the problem.

Last edited by speeddemon86; 11-26-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 AM
Mark

Received 2,420 Likes on 2,119 Posts

What's a trick ??
Old 11-26-2012, 06:25 AM

Received 149 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by techrep
What's a trick ??
Lol fixed
Old 11-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Mark

Received 2,420 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Means ...you probably need to clean your throttle body.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:37 AM
$C-MONEY$

Originally Posted by speeddemon86
First off what's ruding? And what truck is it? Year? Engine? Anymore details? Every little thing can help someone diagnose the problem.
Sorry I ment riding but it's a 2006 Fx4 5.4 with a edge programmer and a K&N CAI. The truck seems to be acting normal but my service engine light is on
Old 11-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Did you recently install a tune/tuner? This code has been reported before, especially when folks run a "tow tune".
Example of a post on another forum with the same reported code:

"Got my Gryphon on Wed. and have not had the p061f code pop up. I only got the canned tunes for now but I think I'll send in my order for a custom tune this weekend. I did get the code p061b, which I've never seen before, on the second day but cleared it and have not had a problem since and it's about 250 miles later. That code means Powertrain: Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance. I searched it on this forum and a few other people had this happen. It is supposed to appear right after the tow tune is loaded and the truck is started. I got the code about 40 miles after the tune was loaded and my truck went into limp mode just like with the p061f. Some replies to the threads on this issue stated that it happens with the canned tow tune, immediately following a loaded tune, and with a cold air intake. Everything basically applied to my situation. It was 40 miles after the loading of the tune but it was right when I started my truck and when I was pulling up a hill to get out of a driveway. Bill had stepped on a few of those and said that it was most likely because of running the tow tune with a CAI and that a custom tune will fix it. So for now I'm going to fill up this weekend with 93 and try that tune but I'll be waiting for my custom 87 perf tune to be done. Don't worry, I'll keep you guys updated."
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 AM
$C-MONEY$

Originally Posted by Bucko
Did you recently install a tune/tuner? This code has been reported before, especially when folks run a "tow tune".
Example of a post on another forum with the same reported code:

"Got my Gryphon on Wed. and have not had the p061f code pop up. I only got the canned tunes for now but I think I'll send in my order for a custom tune this weekend. I did get the code p061b, which I've never seen before, on the second day but cleared it and have not had a problem since and it's about 250 miles later. That code means Powertrain: Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance. I searched it on this forum and a few other people had this happen. It is supposed to appear right after the tow tune is loaded and the truck is started. I got the code about 40 miles after the tune was loaded and my truck went into limp mode just like with the p061f. Some replies to the threads on this issue stated that it happens with the canned tow tune, immediately following a loaded tune, and with a cold air intake. Everything basically applied to my situation. It was 40 miles after the loading of the tune but it was right when I started my truck and when I was pulling up a hill to get out of a driveway. Bill had stepped on a few of those and said that it was most likely because of running the tow tune with a CAI and that a custom tune will fix it. So for now I'm going to fill up this weekend with 93 and try that tune but I'll be waiting for my custom 87 perf tune to be done. Don't worry, I'll keep you guys updated."
Yeah I haven't had my edge but maybe a little over a month and I am running tow mode with a K&N Cai but I had planned on getting a CDROM tune!

Quick Reply: Went ruding now i got Code P061F!!??