Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Torque Pro

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 06:05 PM
Old Man

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Torque Pro

Is there a web page or URL for all of the cool stuff that F150TorquePro has posted? Things like display layouts and CSV files. I am finding some here and there but I have no way of knowing if I am finding the newest versions as some of them are in really old threads.

Maybe we need a sticky for this.
The following users liked this post:
Jojodapyro (06-27-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not smart enough to know what you are talking about? Are you talking automotive diagrams, etc.?
Old 07-11-2019, 02:54 PM
Old Man

Torque Pro is an android app that works with a bluetooth ODBII connector. Its awesome for reading all things Ford. F150TorquePro (the user) has posted a lot of CSVs over the years and was hoping there was a central location for those.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:59 PM

Received 120 Likes on 102 Posts

You're referring to @F150Torqued
The following users liked this post:
Jojodapyro (07-14-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 12:43 AM
LightningRod

Received 643 Likes on 514 Posts

Cool COLLAGE of Torque Pro dashboards

Well, there WUZZANT. Guess I didn't realize how many there WUZZ. Been spendin' too much time trying to figure some of the remaining PIDs out that respond on my Truck -- but I don't know what the HECK they are. (There are still a few. Soon as I figure them out with reliable formulas, I'll post some more dashboard screens covering other 'systems'.

Let's try to do something about THAT for no.
**** CAUTION **** PID assignments vary _much more widely_ from vehicle to vehicle than anyone would expect. I have even seek cases where absolutely identical trucks built in different assembly plants would not use the same PID assignments (CRAZY !!). This makes 'some' sense when you consider different suppliers of a sensor might require different software to function properly - and obviously a diesel has much different characteristics from a gas model. SO these screens were all worked out to function on my truck; a 2004 model 5.4L 3v Lariat with 2wd and 4R75W transmission. They "_SHOULD_" pretty much ALL work on 2004 - 2008 similar vehicle, and some (but not all) will work on other "FORD" models - but other manufacturer vehicles... all bets are OFF.

Here are some screen layouts and links to useful Torque Pro diagnostic setups that I have posted

==================================================
MONITOR YOUR VARIABLE CAM TIMING & PHASERS w/ Torque Pro - live

Link to PID Explination writup & CSV file.

================================================== =============
MISFIRE ANALYSIS Torque Screen W/ ALL PIDS

Being one of the TWO primary complaints (next to Cam Phasers), I have posted several versions of the Misfire Monitor- the best - most complete is here:
Here is a link to the BEST Dashboard explanation. MANY Ford models do NOT support live misfire counts by Cylinder. I worked out a dashboard that uses Mode $06 calls to extract the Mode 06 misfire counts for 'current' drive cycle. It works on ANY model that supports Mode 06 - which as far as I know is all of them.

================================================== ====================
Simple MiSFIRE dashboard

Link to discussion and PIDs listed is here.

================================================== =========

HOW TO: USE TORQUE PRO to diagnose/monitor your ALTERNATOR

Link to discussion and PID designations and CSV file.

================================================== ====================

HOW TO: USE TORQUE PRO TO DIAGNOSE THE EVAP SYSTEM (P0451 & others)

Link to discussion and PIDs with CSV file

================================================== ================

HOW TO: USE TORQUE PRO to Check the GENERAL HEALTH of your Truck.

Link to discussion and PIDs with CSV file.

================================================== ============

DIAGNOSE YOUR TRANNY USING TORQUE PRO

Link to discussion and CSV file for PIDs

Realtime Charts For Torque Pro - graphs using these PIDs

================================================== ===

IMRC DIAGNOSIS --- F150Torqued NEEDs HELP testing TORQUE PRO gauge for IMRC / CMCV valve.

NOTE: Read the entire link as this dashboard is still a work in progress --- ie: the mysterious little CMCV valve.
Link to extensive discussion, PIDs and CSV file.

RealTime Charts For Torque Pro - graphs using these PIDs

================================================== ======

MONITOR EVERYTHING temperature - Engine OIL, ECT, CHT, IAT, Trans Fluid - TORQUE PRO dashboard -

NOTE: One of the 'most useful' aspects of this dashboard is Engine Oil Temp (Poly). The EOT sensor has a VERY screwy temp curve, and this screen uses a four bell curve fit that gives accuracy within about 4 degrees from -32 degrees to 250 degrees. During development, one of the gauges was set up to 'switch' between volts and temp for diagnostics. It was just left that way, as it is 'kinda' neat.

Link to discussion with PIDs and CSV file.

================================================== ========================

Fuel Rail Pressure Gauge from port on fuel rail - for Torque Pro

NOTE: This screen was constructed to CALCULATE 'raw' fuel pressure as it would be read VIA a schrader valve on the Fuel Rail (IE: Relative to atmospheric pressure instead of relative to manifold vacuum). That is one of the powerful features of Torque Pro. YOU think it up - stupid or not - and you can build a gauge for that.

Link to discussion and PIDs for manual entry.

==================================================

There are probably others - but at least there is a place to come back to and add them as I find them. ut as the OP noted, they get lost with age as the posts become stale and old. Perhaps they would be worth 'sticky' status.

----------------------------------->>>>>>--------------->>>>>>>>>>>
EDIT: 7/17/2019 - Missed a couple (and probably others) that I had forgotten about
----------------------------------->>>>>.---------------->>>>>>>>>>>

Favorite Torque Pro monitor screen ????? (That's a hard question) This screen stays on my device all the time and is very likely the most frequent 'go to screen'. It MOSTLY consists of 'Standard' OBDII PIDs contained in the Torque Pro "FORD Custom PID set" except for a couple described in detail in THIS POST.

One of my most frequently checked Torque Screens.

================================================== ==============
BEST '1/4' mile Time/Speed on Torque Pro This screen is standard in Torque Pro. It does not involve 'custom' PIDs - or any PIDs for that matter. Just uses GPS and timers coupled with some other readings from OBDII to calculate some neat indications. THIS TORQUE PRO screen is quiet a good indicator of whether a repair or tune-up made one run better.

Standard Torque Pro screen - detects "Start" and locks in Max readings in each category as they occur.

Last edited by F150Torqued; 05-23-2021 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Added a couple of screens I had forgotten
The following 2 users liked this post by F150Torqued:
BeaverLakeF150 (07-15-2019), o6S1D9e (02-27-2022)
Old 07-15-2019, 11:49 AM
Old Man

This is outstanding and exactly what I was looking for. I Velcro'd a $100 android tablet where I can see it through my steering wheel in front of my speedometer. A long trip this last week and I found myself using it for Waze as well as monitoring. Amazing how useful it is. Only problem is I need Turn Signals on it HA!

I will be setting up these screens shortly.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:07 AM
LightningRod

Received 643 Likes on 514 Posts

@BeaverLakeF150 , I added a couple more screens to the callague. I'll use this to bump the thread. Although they only involve a couple of Custom PIDs and no CSV file, one is my most frequently viewed screen on my device. I've used the performance screen a couple of times and it has more utility than one might think.

If you are 'INTO' creating Psuedo PIDs from custom formulas - I would welcome thoughts / help on one I'm trying to perfect. VOLUMETRIC EFFICIENCY is included in the Ford Custom Pids from Torque - but produces _no data_ on my truck. It seems it might have some utility for reference relating to Valve Timing problems. I have been trying to develop a formula (Using MAF / IAT / Baro() / Vacuum / Fuel volume loading / RPM, and 5.4L displacement) to create a 'psuedo' PID for a gauge that will accurately represent Volumetric Efficiency - primarily to support my work on the IMRC gauge. Any input or thoughts would be welcome.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:40 PM
Old Man

Great! I'm not sure I'm going to be a lot of help with those formulas. . . But I sure do appreciate the work you've done. . . . Just hope I'm doing such things when I'm 72 . . . 73 etc. . . I am tracking a random misfire that's occurring. . . anywhere from 5 to 15 misfires an hour and almost always one on startup. . spread evenly across all cylinders . . . Its got 200k, a reman 5.4 from Ford in it with 6000 miles on it, but I got talked out of new COPs and Injectors by the mechanic installing it. . When I get some time I am going to install new boots. They've got 200k on them. . .

kw
Old 08-19-2020, 12:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow!
That was a lot to take in.
I dont think I'm gonna go down the custom PID route. I was just looking to see what sensors most folks a monitoring.
If I'm missing something you feel is important, let me know.

I've been using Torque Pro for basic diagnosis for several years. Only now trying it on mine (5.0) and my friends(EB) F150's.
My current setup was for a turbo diesel so not everything applied to my 5.0.

Vehicle speed sensor (not GPS): works good
RPM: works good
Coolant temp: works good
Intake air temp: works good
Fuel rail pressure: works good on the ecoboost, useless on my 5.0
Voltage: I thinks its just reading overall system voltage, not alternator output
-added Ethanol Percentage for my 5.0: seems good at 9.5%
-added Air-Fuel Ratio: roughly 14.3-15.8 range. I expected it to get richer at WOT, but no.
Manifold pressure (vacuum/boost): works good on ecoboost but behaves strangely on my 5.0. Never thought I would see a positive pressure value on a naturally aspirated engine. But not super critical for my 5.0 so I'll just ignore it.
Also, engine load: seems to work ok. IDK how this value is calculated but its been useful before.

BTW, I have used FORSCAN but its not as user friendly.
Maybe I just need to spend for time with it.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 F150 Harley Davidson AWD transfer case clutch engagement

Originally Posted by F150Torqued
@BeaverLakeF150 , I added a couple more screens to the callague. I'll use this to bump the thread. Although they only involve a couple of Custom PIDs and no CSV file, one is my most frequently viewed screen on my device. I've used the performance screen a couple of times and it has more utility than one might think.

If you are 'INTO' creating Psuedo PIDs from custom formulas - I would welcome thoughts / help on one I'm trying to perfect. VOLUMETRIC EFFICIENCY is included in the Ford Custom Pids from Torque - but produces _no data_ on my truck. It seems it might have some utility for reference relating to Valve Timing problems. I have been trying to develop a formula (Using MAF / IAT / Baro() / Vacuum / Fuel volume loading / RPM, and 5.4L displacement) to create a 'psuedo' PID for a gauge that will accurately represent Volumetric Efficiency - primarily to support my work on the IMRC gauge. Any input or thoughts would be welcome.
I can't seem to find a PID for 4X4 PWM Percentage that shows mw Auto 4X4 transfer case clutch engagement. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Torque Pro