Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

shocks/struts

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 12:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default shocks/struts

Probably has been a thread on this but truck is 2006 fx4 5.4l

What shocks and struts are yall recommending? 124xxx miles. Thinking its time for some new ones but idk whats a good brand thats affordable. Imput and opinions appreciated!
Thanks guys
Old 02-25-2014, 01:43 PM
poopin.....on this thread

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

do you want OEM or something different?

If oem there are many "ready struts" out there on the interwebs that are simple swaps for the front and you can find matching OEM style rears very quickly also.

If you are looking to upgrade, the 5100 Bilsteins are very popular.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by rubbinsracin
do you want OEM or something different?

If oem there are many "ready struts" out there on the interwebs that are simple swaps for the front and you can find matching OEM style rears very quickly also.

If you are looking to upgrade, the 5100 Bilsteins are very popular.
Something different. Is really what I want.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Goombah Stomper

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

bilstein 5100s all the way. gonna order my set next month for my truck with 145,000. I have the bilstein HD on it right now and that made a huge difference. I can only imagine the step-up this is gonna take.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by JorgeRod54
bilstein 5100s all the way. gonna order my set next month for my truck with 145,000. I have the bilstein HD on it right now and that made a huge difference. I can only imagine the step-up this is gonna take.
So the 5100s are the best bilstein shocks?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Originally Posted by malas15
So the 5100s are the best bilstein shocks?
You want the best or just replace your OEM's ??
Old 02-25-2014, 07:49 PM

Best affordable ones. Away from oem
Old 02-25-2014, 08:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just installed the Rancho Quick Lifts on the front of my 2006 XLT and they did raise it 1-2 inches.

"The new Rancho Loaded quickLIFT technology includes the application-matched of quickLIFT with the addition of coil spring and upper mounting plate and no extra cost. Rancho Loaded quickLIFT is finished in liquid metallic silver. This new product is very easy to install for shops and do-it-yourselfers because it is one full suspension unit and generally can put on the vehicle in twenty minutes per corner. Loaded quickLIFT provides 1 to 2.5 inches of additional lift, allowing for the use of larger wheel and tire packages up to 35 inches, which provides an aggressive vehicle stance. Rancho Loaded quickLIFT uses nine point tuning technology that easily adjust your ride quality and performance. It is also compatible with SEMA award winning Rancho MyRIDE Wireless Controller which allows you to control the units wirelessly from the cab. The Rancho Loaded quickLIFT is covered by a limited lifetime warranty and exclusive 90-day Performance and Ride Guarantee, an offer that lets enthusiasts try the Loaded quickLIFT product for 90 days. Consumers can return the product within 90 days for a full refund of its purchase price. Check our www.gorancho.com website to find the Loaded quickLIFT part numbers for your vehicle."
Old 02-25-2014, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Johnml
I just installed the Rancho Quick Lifts on the front of my 2006 XLT and they did raise it 1-2 inches.

"The new Rancho Loaded quickLIFT technology includes the application-matched of quickLIFT with the addition of coil spring and upper mounting plate and no extra cost. Rancho Loaded quickLIFT is finished in liquid metallic silver. This new product is very easy to install for shops and do-it-yourselfers because it is one full suspension unit and generally can put on the vehicle in twenty minutes per corner. Loaded quickLIFT provides 1 to 2.5 inches of additional lift, allowing for the use of larger wheel and tire packages up to 35 inches, which provides an aggressive vehicle stance. Rancho Loaded quickLIFT uses nine point tuning technology that easily adjust your ride quality and performance. It is also compatible with SEMA award winning Rancho MyRIDE Wireless Controller which allows you to control the units wirelessly from the cab. The Rancho Loaded quickLIFT is covered by a limited lifetime warranty and exclusive 90-day Performance and Ride Guarantee, an offer that lets enthusiasts try the Loaded quickLIFT product for 90 days. Consumers can return the product within 90 days for a full refund of its purchase price. Check our www.gorancho.com website to find the Loaded quickLIFT part numbers for your vehicle."
Arent those running almost $300 per unit as well and I already have a 3inch leveling kit that I like
Old 02-25-2014, 08:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ye! They were $170 apiece on Amazon.

Quick Reply: shocks/struts