Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Problem With Edge Evolution!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem With Edge Evolution!!!

Well, i got my edge in today, and got it installed earlier, and when i tried to use it its said it failed because it couldn't read my pcm. I read the manual and saw i needed to update possibly, so i started up the program, and found the update for my hex code. I installed the update and now when i try to program on any level it reads the pcm, checks the checksum, then says checksum failed for my hex code, does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it, Please Help!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:44 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry, I don't know. Did you contact Edge to make sure they had programs for your HEX code before you bought it? You say you found your HEX code when you uploaded the new updates. I only updated mine once to see if it would clear the shudder issue I have, I don't remember it showing HEX codes, maybe I overlooked them. All I remember seeing was what year the updates were for.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:01 PM

i just emailed edge, and when i go onto my lightning program and go to update under calibration on beta version 1.0.2000 it says RXDG4 series and my hexis RXDG4B2.hex, so id say thats a rxdg4 series.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:05 AM

I would ve VERRRRRRY careful with a beta program.Talk to Edge first.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:14 PM

well, after setting on hold with Edge today for 20 minutes, then talking to them for about 5, the tech told me to come home, and hook my edge back up to lightning and download the stock files, hook up in my truck, then hook back up to lightning and download the update, but when i try to download the stock files, it says unavailable, check back later, thats the same thing it was saying last night, now i keep getting a check engine light in my truck, does anyone know how to clear the light or get my programmer running. come on guy please help me out on this one
Old 03-16-2007, 08:32 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by soonerbomb
well, after setting on hold with Edge today for 20 minutes, then talking to them for about 5, the tech told me to come home, and hook my edge back up to lightning and download the stock files, hook up in my truck, then hook back up to lightning and download the update, but when i try to download the stock files, it says unavailable, check back later, thats the same thing it was saying last night, now i keep getting a check engine light in my truck, does anyone know how to clear the light or get my programmer running. come on guy please help me out on this one
Step 1 - Get rid of the Edge Tuner
Step 2 - Call this guy for a good tuner. Tony Whetstone
Jaw's Racing
850-445-2272.
I have never liked the Edge Tuner. I have seen nothing but problems with it.. I am happy for those that it worked for. I hope it continnues to work for them. Personally I would not install it on my bicycle.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:35 PM
08 February TOTM

Sorry I haven't had to do any of this with mine. I'm sure it should tell you how to clear the code in the owner's manual though. When I talked to Edge about mine, they told me to download the latest update and the guy was more than happy to hold my hand through it. If I were you I would call them back and be prepared to have them walk you through the whole process.
At least it sounds like they have tunned your HEX code or they would have said different when you talked with them. Good luck with it.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:43 PM
08 February TOTM

Originally Posted by NGM
Step 1 - Get rid of the Edge Tuner
Step 2 - Call this guy for a good tuner. Tony Whetstone
Jaw's Racing
850-445-2272.
I have never liked the Edge Tuner. I have seen nothing but problems with it.. I am happy for those that it worked for. I hope it continnues to work for them. Personally I would not install it on my bicycle.
It's not bad at all. I agree it's not as good as a custom tuner but I don't think it's bad, other than the shudder on level 3 I'm very happy with mine. I have read a lot of post that say things like HELP EDGE RUINED MY TRUCK or something to that effect. I believe most of the problems with Edge and other tuners are human error, most not all.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:06 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by whitecrystal1
It's not bad at all. I agree it's not as good as a custom tuner but I don't think it's bad, other than the shudder on level 3 I'm very happy with mine. I have read a lot of post that say things like HELP EDGE RUINED MY TRUCK or something to that effect. I believe most of the problems with Edge and other tuners are human error, most not all.
Thats possible, usually a canned tune is safe. I say USUALLY. Again I have just seen ALOT of problems out of the Edge, from ppl that know their vehicles. A big thing for me is the lack of trans control. The X-cal has more user tuning in it too. Again for the ppl that have the Edge and it worked for, thats cool I am glad it worked for you. Thats why they make so many diffrent ones. Ppl have diffrent tastes and expierences. I do have to admit I like how it displays in the truck. The X-Cal is a plug and play then remove system, but that makes it easier to remove if warranty work needs to be done. Just re-install stock tune and take the programmer out of the truck. On the new Fords Ford can tell if a tuner was on it because they can read when the last flash was done. They just cant tell what changes were made when it was flashed.

Last edited by NGM; 03-16-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:57 AM

I have sold close to 1000 of these in the last year and a half since they came out. We have run into a few trucks that were so new they didn't have the hex for them yet. I also sale SCT customs, but for the extra few HP you would gain its not worth the extra money in my opinion. The Evolution has been far less troublesome than other tuners we sell, and that would be just about all of them except for a couple. With the gauges and performance tests that come with the Evolution it is by far the best value on the market.

I would keep on Edge to fix it, and If they cant, send it back. If you got it from me, I would be more than happy to take it back and refund your money.

The Xcal2 is a great product, I run one on my Powerstroke. If you are doing more than intake and exhaust then its a must have. You can still get all the function and gauges with the MSD DasHawk (made by Edge) and it will work great with the Xcal2.

Quick Reply: Problem With Edge Evolution!!!