Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

P061F Code With Edge Evolution

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P061F Code With Edge Evolution

Anybody else had this problem,
When I hook up my Edge to my 2008 4.6 I get this code about 3 times a week on average. I unhooked it for a week and no code. Hooked it up again yesterday and this morning it did it 3 times in 5 minutes. The code reads Throttle Actuator Program Performance.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Combat Trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

google it and go from there. ive never seen that code before and youll find out all kinds of stuff if you google it
Old 05-04-2009, 11:50 PM

Default P061F Code With Edge Evolution

I get this error on a regular basis. It always happens off the line and never while driving. I'm guessing it has something to do with the amount of air to fuel ratio maybe. Probably take some tweaking in the Evo to get it worked out. I haven't gotten around to it yet. lol I Googled it and it brought me here so good luck with that. Internal Control Module Throttle Actuator Controller Performance is the exact error reading. I'll report back if I can get a clear response for this error. It's been bugging me lately so I'll light a fire on it and see what I can come up with.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:22 AM

I just installed an Evo and had mine go into "Limp Home" mode the very next day. Restarting the engine cured it, and I cleared the fault code and am waiting to see if it happens again. I emailed Edge tech support and hopefully they will respond soon.

What tune mode were you in? I was in towing mode (#2 preset) and am running 93 octane because I don't want to risk knocking on hot days. This coming weekend I'm going into performance mode (#3 preset) and seeing if I have the same issue. I also have a K&N cold air intake, so the Mass Air Sensor might be out of whack.

Let's gather some specific info (other mods, tuning mode, gas type, outdoor temp, etc.) and then contact Edge with the results and see if they can work a fix.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:10 AM

So I contacted Edge about the problems I've been having with my Evo, and they recommended that I take the throttle body off and clean it. Cleaning the throttle body didn't help the tuner but I recommend you guys and gals do it on a regular basis anyway (mine was dirty after only 35k miles). Edge said the likely culprit is my cold air intake. Edge tunes their programmers on all stock trucks, so any mods like intakes and exhausts will likely confuse the PCM when used with the Evo. Apparently Ford trucks are very finicky like that. Edge recommended that I contact Bill Cohron at www.powerhungryperformance.com and get a custom tune for my intake and exhaust upgrades. I'll update once I get my tuner problems worked out.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:44 AM

The above mentioned problems were definitely caused by a cold air intake. I replaced my K&N with the factory intake and the tuner has worked fine ever since. It looks like you'll need a custom tune if you want to have a CAI.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default edge limp mode

Don't get too happy yet. Mine dids it before my KN. It would clear up all summer then when it got cold out it would start all over again. My did it with all tunes.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Uberhater,Troll,Whatever

Received 110 Likes on 49 Posts

Phil... That's why so many on the various forums recommend to get the Gryphon (tunable Edge) to begin with. Also, you can do the gotts mod and get the effect of an expensive CAI without affecting the Edge, as the gotts mod doesn't change the mass air flow sensor position (likely issue for the codes with the CAI/Edge).

Last edited by 60DRB; 07-10-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:21 PM

Default blame old man winter

I use my edge all year (been useing it for two years now) the only time I ever get this fault code is when the temp is under 20 degrees. Ran good all summer till this damn snow came again. I use k&n cold air intake. If your truck goes into limp mode just pull over and turn truck off and then back on. Runs fine again.
Trust me, when it gets warm again this code will go away.
2005 f150 fx4 with the 5.4, k&n intake and 87 unleded.

Quick Reply: P061F Code With Edge Evolution