Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New headunit installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New headunit installed

I haven't noticed any of these threads since I've been on the forum so thought I would post up the head unit I just got installed. It's the Kenwood DDX419 model. I did research and it got great reviews and was decent price so I went for it. The install cost more than expected but I'm very happy with the product. It's got all I wanted XM, Ipod hook up, bluetooth for phone calls and streaming audio, pandora, it's capable of being the screen for a reverse camera. Not sure if I will do the reverse camera or not but leaning towards getting one.

Here is the Crutchfield link

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DDX4...9.html?tp=5684

Let me know what you think!

Side view

Here is the microphone for the bluetooth which works great. Has a slight delay but nothing that is noticeable unless you can actually hear the person talking which is what I did to test how it worked.

Last edited by Hondu; 11-19-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:31 PM
^ formerly hdub00

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hondu
I haven't noticed any of these threads since I've been on the forum so thought I would post up the head unit I just got installed. It's the Kenwood DDX419 model. I did research and it got great reviews and was decent price so I went for it. The install cost more than expected but I'm very happy with the product. It's got all I wanted XM, Ipod hook up, bluetooth for phone calls and streaming audio, pandora, it's capable of being the screen for a reverse camera. Not sure if I will do the reverse camera or not but leaning towards getting one.

Here is the Crutchfield link

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DDX4...9.html?tp=5684

Let me know what you think!

Side view

Here is the microphone for the bluetooth which works great. Has a slight delay but nothing that is noticeable unless you can actually hear the person talking which is what I did to test how it worked.

I would try uploading or hosting these files somewhere else. I think you tried to host them as an attachment in gmail. Maybe its just me, but I can't see the pictures.

Try a place like:

www.imageshack.us
Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM

Well that makes sense why I've never had anyone comment on any pics I've posted up! It shows up fine on my end but I guess not to you . I posted the pics from Photobucket. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:03 PM
^ formerly hdub00

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well that makes sense why I've never had anyone comment on any pics I've posted up! It shows up fine on my end but I guess not to you . I posted the pics from Photobucket. Thanks for the heads up.
No problem!

That unit look sweet man. You did good.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks real good and clean, what did it set ya back? Been debating in gettin one also..
Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 PM

It was $300 for the unit itself then paid I think $50 for the xm tuner and a total of $200 for the install. All and all about $600 but can save some cash if you install it yourself. I just don't know enough about the electronics to trust myself to install everything clean and correctly.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:16 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Usually dont like buttons that big on the double-dins. But that is very clean, have me debating getting that one now instead of the alpine. Just because of the price haha
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 PM

It was $300 for the unit itself then paid I think $50 for the xm tuner and a total of $200 for the install. All and all about $600 but can save some cash if you install it yourself. I just don't know enough about the electronics to trust myself to install everything clean and correctly.
That's not a bad price at all, the ones I've been looking at we're around 600 bucks.. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks good, was going to get that for my truck, best buy has a open box for $250, really want nav though so I passed.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by madeSICC
Looks good, was going to get that for my truck, best buy has a open box for $250, really want nav though so I passed.
That's what I wanted as well, if I'm gonna thrown down some money I want it all..

Quick Reply: New headunit installed