Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Lock your tailgates!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:37 PM
I wanna go fast!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lock your tailgates!!!

they are so easily stolen, ask me how i know.....

on july 29th in tampa, fl. my tailgate was stolen off of my truck after i returned to work from lunch. the vehicle in question is a 2004-2008 ford f-150, same body style as mine, regular cab short bed, its dark green or most likely smokey gray in color, with a large white mark on the upper right hand side of the tailgate (or maybe a dark metallic blue now). the pawn shop next door has them on video pulling in at 1:02pm parking next to my truck and then quickly leaving at 1:04pm. if anyone sees the vehicle please contact me or the tampa police department and get a tag #

a buddy let me borrow his for a day since i was moving and they litteraly take 30 seconds to remove. without tools. you can pry the retaining clips out with your finger nails.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

THanks for the PSA! I wish the tailgate has a solenoid that can be remotely operated.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 PM
I wanna go fast!

Originally Posted by djjr50
THanks for the PSA! I wish the tailgate has a solenoid that can be remotely operated.
it would be nice, i really hope i or someone else that ive informed of this crime will spot this truck so i can have my revenge!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

This might work:

http://www.dynolock.com/trtalo.html
Old 08-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Justin

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This used to be extremely common around these parts. So I've locked my tailgate for many years now (on my prior two trucks). Some people question me why, but once they know why they end up locking theirs.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Tailgates

I lock the tailgates on both my trucks. Additionally I put a hose clamp around the one pivot point you lift the gate out from and worked the screw to be as unaccessible as possible. I figure if it slows someone down they might just skip it and go onto something else.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys think you can claim that on your insurance? Because mine has a dent in it and if you can I may get one of my buddys to still it from me. Haha jk I'm not that low of a person.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:28 PM
I wanna go fast!

Originally Posted by Turkey Hunter
Do you guys think you can claim that on your insurance? Because mine has a dent in it and if you can I may get one of my buddys to still it from me. Haha jk I'm not that low of a person.
yes you can claim it on your own insurance, im hoping to to have to do it on mine since it happend while i was working (keeping my fingers crossed) if not im going to either pay out of pocket or insurance...
Old 08-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Friend this is a big problem. Pablo's girlfriend's T100 had the tailgate jacked. Theory is those immigrants Juan has around jacked it and sold it for booze money. Them danged immigrants do anything for a drink. They ain't no good around the store anyway, I don't see why Juan keeps them around. Pablo chained a new tailgate on the back from a truck he found at the junkyard, and put a pad lock on it. Wouldn't you know a danged immigrant to a shot gun to it a night later and ran almost got the new one off, before Pablo threw open the window and shot randomly up in the air. Scared his poor girlfriend to death, she hasn't slept over with him since. Pablo finally had enough and he set the tailgate right inside the door and brought the immigrants over and told them "Just try to get it" and pointed torwards his 35 Remington up on the wall and winked. Needless to say its stayed, hahah!

Ed
Old 08-02-2010, 08:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.jimmijammer.com/Product,%20GK.htm

Quick Reply: Lock your tailgates!!!