Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

for light connection

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 10:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default for light connection

My truck has the light switch function "daylight" position, when on it turns lights on depending on outside lighting. I understand the function also turns on fog lights. I do not currently have any, just thinking. Would there be be an available connection for the fog lights already in the truck as original equipment? Where would I find them if so? Thinking of a Bull bar with lights.

Sorry for misspelling off FOG in title! Edit won't allow me to change it. They computer changes spelling too often.

Additional question: on the instrument panel back, there is a wire connection going to a blank holder. This may be may for a Throttle Position sensor switch. Would there be a Throttle Position Sensor on the truck and not hooked up? Or is the wire part of harness to use if one was installed?

Last edited by Jayeffel; 02-10-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:25 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayeffel
My truck has the light switch function "daylight" position, when ion al turn s lights on depending on outside lighting. I understand the fustian also turns on fog lights. I do nit currently have any, jksy thinking. Would there be be an available connection for the fog lights already in the truck as original equipment? Where would I find them if so? Thinking of a Bull bar with lights.

Sorry for misspelling off FOG in title! Edit won't allow me to change it.

Additional question: on the instrument panel back, there is a wire connection going to a blank holder. This may be may for a Throttle Position sensor switch. Would there be a Throttle Position Sensor on the truck and not hooked up? Or is the wire part of harness to use if one was installed?
Did you read your post at all before you pushed submit?
Old 02-10-2019, 08:58 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

even fixing that...I still don’t know what he’s saying. a switch position marked daylight... mine is marked auto !
Old 02-10-2019, 09:57 AM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

i'm confused here
Old 02-10-2019, 12:30 PM
TOTM 8/2019

Received 337 Likes on 251 Posts

He’s asking since he doesn’t have fog lights, are the wires there under the bumper where there supposed to be. He wants to hook up some lights using the oem foglight harness. I’m not sure the answer though.

The other question is about a harness that goes to a blank plate on his instrument cluster. He is asking if it’s for tps. That would definitely be no. It’s probably for some feature his truck doesn’t have.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by ReaperHWK
He’s asking since he doesn’t have fog lights, are the wires there under the bumper where there supposed to be. He wants to hook up some lights using the oem foglight harness. I’m not sure the answer though.

The other question is about a harness that goes to a blank plate on his instrument cluster. He is asking if it’s for tps. That would definitely be no. It’s probably for some feature his truck doesn’t have.
The regular light switch has a position where turned to the left one notch, not the right for parking or regular headlights, is per the manual for what they called daylight lighting, When in that position the lights are off but turn on when some sensor says it is dark enough. That switch position is to control the foglight also I believe. Wondering it the OEM harness would have foglight connections.

The other question was based on a video I saw about the instrument panel removal. It showed some connection there and the person main the video called it the Throttle Position sensor I thought, but since that is on the throttle body itself I don't know. Maybe he meant a switch to control accelerator pedal position, Merely curious what the dead end connection on my truck may be there for.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:55 PM

Received 291 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayeffel
The regular light switch has a position where turned to the left one notch, not the right for parking or regular headlights, is per the manual for what they called daylight lighting, When in that position the lights are off but turn on when some sensor says it is dark enough. That switch position is to control the foglight also I believe. Wondering it the OEM harness would have foglight connections.

The other question was based on a video I saw about the instrument panel removal. It showed some connection there and the person main the video called it the Throttle Position sensor I thought, but since that is on the throttle body itself I don't know. Maybe he meant a switch to control accelerator pedal position, Merely curious what the dead end connection on my truck may be there for.
you pull the switch out for fog lights, in any position.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:58 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes, pull the switch out for fogs.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by FordFrenzy06
Yes, pull the switch out for fogs.
I will see if the **** moves that way.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:33 AM

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

if you have the **** that turns to the left (so the lights come on automatically at dark) AND your switch has the icon for fog lights...pulling the switch towards you should activate the fog lights (provided you have them)...you can leave the switch in this configuration so that when the lights come on automatically at dark the fogs come on as well...

Bill

Quick Reply: for light connection