Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Can't win for losing!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:06 AM

Received 30 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Can't win for losing!

So, about two weeks ago I got my truck back from getting the hail damage repaired. The repair work was flawless and you'd never even have a clue it was there.

This weekend I was on my way home from taking a buddy out since he is getting married in a couple weeks and was sitting waiting for a train (facing east). I was the first car before an intersection with a cross road. The train had just passed and traffic was moving, but there was a long line in front of me. Another car decided it would be a good time to turn left in front of me to head in east. He pulled out right in front of another car, which promptly hit him and pushed him into me.

It is only just scratched and a little paint transfer, but seriously? Come on! The top part will likely need repainted. >_<
Attached Thumbnails Can't win for losing!-2010-06-06-13.00.08.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 06-07-2010, 08:09 AM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

The yellow part might buff out...the bumper will need a fresh coat tho....sucks I know!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by westtnfx4
The yellow part might buff out...the bumper will need a fresh coat tho....sucks I know!
That is the funny thing, the yellow section is actually chipped scratched. I don't think the paint was damaged on the gray. Although to be honest, it would be nice if they would repaint both.

I am contemplating taking the cash though and fixing it myself. I had already bought some paint so I could clean up some rust in a few areas. I could buy more paint again and do it myself and have a fair bit of $ left if they decide that both sections need repainted. I'd rather do it myself TBH.

I can't have my truck in the shop again.... The almost two weeks it was gone before was annoying enough
Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 AM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I hear you...I'd just do it myself to...I've never seen a body shop do anything fast
Old 06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
BLOWN club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow, bad luck lol ya hopefully they decide to repaint both and you can just do it yourself.

a girl pulled a little to far up and put her front bumper into my front bumper on my mustang and put a little tiny dent. Her insurance co paid me $900 and i just got a new exhaust system and put the rest in the bank lol
Old 06-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Maybe you should change your nic from CRASH ...
Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the bright side, look at what happened to the Saturn. Can't beat driving Ford trucks, bro!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:03 PM

LOL

I have had the Crash part associated with me since I was in 8th grade! Class trip to skating rink, kid skipped in front of me and was going slower than me so I pitched over him and landed chin first on the floor! I got 4 stitches and the nickname Crash out of the deal!

Yeah, I am figuring there is $1400 or so minimum in damage there.

Totally glad that Saturn isn't mine. He drove it off the road, but there is no way that was going much further. Probably busted the drive shaft. I love this truck. It is near invincible.

Quick Reply: Can't win for losing!