Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

bilsteins help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bilsteins help

I just ordered a BDS 6" lift, but got the strut spacer instead of replacement strut. I was thinking since i will have the truck appart i might as well bite the bullet and buy bilstein struts.
are these the correct struts I would buy in order to replace the 6" strut spacer on the BDS kit? http://www.topguncustomz.com/p-1982-...-4-6-lift.aspx
Lastly if i did this strut replacement would i be able to run a leveling kit, and AAL for an extra 2" of lift with no problems/
Thanks again
Old 03-03-2013, 03:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes those are the ones you need. Not 100% sure about the second part of it but im fairly sure you can on a bds lift.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:14 PM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

yeah you can run the spacer with the BDS lift...why didnt you just get the BDS lift with replaceable struts from BDS?
Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by 06F150CFCT
yeah you can run the spacer with the BDS lift...why didnt you just get the BDS lift with replaceable struts from BDS?
I actually ended up ordering the kit from valley truck like you said, but they wanted something like 500 (don't quote me on it, I'm not positive) for te bds replacement struts, so bilsteins seemed like a cheaper route
Old 03-03-2013, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nickksim1

I actually ended up ordering the kit from valley truck like you said, but they wanted something like 500 (don't quote me on it, I'm not positive) for te bds replacement struts, so bilsteins seemed like a cheaper route
Oh no kidding...fair enough. I was just curious as to why. You will be able to put a 2" spacer on the bilsteins no problem. What did you get for the rear? If you got the 5" block and AAL you wont need to add anymore to the rear. Plus you cant stack AAL's so you would have to just get a new set of leafs if you wanted higher. Or you could get a lift shackle.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:01 PM

Oh no kidding...fair enough. I was just curious as to why. You will be able to put a 2" spacer on the bilsteins no problem. What did you get for the rear? If you got the 5" block and AAL you wont need to add anymore to the rear. Plus you cant stack AAL's so you would have to just get a new set of leafs if you wanted higher. Or you could get a lift shackle.
yeah, im almost posetive i got the 5" block and AAL. so it looks like i will be stuck at 6". im actually really grateful you mentioned that because i totally forgot, and was only a couple days away from ordering an AAL for the rear. thanks for helping me though this whole thing ill be the first one to admit im no mechanic haha
Old 03-03-2013, 06:55 PM

and i noticed you said you origionally ordered the 6" BDS kit, and got 8" out of it. how did you do that? your truck is actually exactly what I want mine to look like when it is all done, but being 18 and a full time student with a full time job, its hard to find time to do anything
Old 03-03-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nickksim1

and i noticed you said you origionally ordered the 6" BDS kit, and got 8" out of it. how did you do that? your truck is actually exactly what I want mine to look like when it is all done, but being 18 and a full time student with a full time job, its hard to find time to do anything
Damn, thats good you can successfully do both. I had the 6" struts from BDS and added a 1.5" Autospring spacer but it didnt fit right and gave the truck more lift than 1.5". The struts needed to rotated 180° but that made them lean away from the truck. The top 3 bolts barely fit through the top of the strut housing. So i just ended up getting the 8" struts like i shoulda in the first place. they were 475 bucks
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Could you just put on your strut spacer lift for the 6 inches, and then get the 2 inch leveling bilstein strut and put that on to bump your stock strut up another 1.5-2 inches? Then run a 5 inch block in the back?

Thats what I am thinking about doing because I have a 6 inch strut spacer lift now and I want to fit 37s
Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by RidingHigh
Could you just put on your strut spacer lift for the 6 inches, and then get the 2 inch leveling bilstein strut and put that on to bump your stock strut up another 1.5-2 inches? Then run a 5 inch block in the back?

Thats what I am thinking about doing because I have a 6 inch strut spacer lift now and I want to fit 37s
im not sure what you mean about how to lift the front, and im not posetive, but i think BDS already has a 5 inch block in the rear

Quick Reply: bilsteins help