Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

anyone else have this issue

Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone else have this issue

I just bought a new 07 supercrew with a 5.4L a couple of weeks ago. I love it so far but a got a slight issue. I noticed a slight miss or stumble at idle and I think it does it while driving as well but not to sure (not severe enough to show on the tach. but enough that you can feel it at idle). My bother-inlaw said his cousin has that same problem with his truck as well (differen yr.) and the dealer hasn't solved it yet. I will be taking it to the dealer to check out but was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so did it get corrected.

Thanks,
Jimbo
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the same exact vehicle as you Jimbo, bout 3 weeks old, and I personally haven't noticed this yet (hopefully never!). Done any "under the hood" mods or still stock? The dealership is atleast acknowledging that it is a problem though?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:46 AM

Howzit Dre, I know, I seen your picks and post (sweet looking truck). Mine is a 2wd though. I am definantly going to do some mods (mbrp exhaust cat back system and some 22 Americ. Racing rs-t black on chrome with some 305/45/R22 Hankook ventus ST RH06. Hope they fit with no problems if so I'll need to make it adapt.
As of now sill all stock exect for tints. I'm jonesing to do the rest for now but not until they fix the hiccups. Hopefully. And no Ihavent called the service center yet so they havent acknowleged or deneid a problem at this point.
Well find out, I'll keep u posted.

Jimbo
Old 11-13-2007, 09:04 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo
Howzit Dre, I know, I seen your picks and post (sweet looking truck). Mine is a 2wd though. I am definantly going to do some mods (mbrp exhaust cat back system and some 22 Americ. Racing rs-t black on chrome with some 305/45/R22 Hankook ventus ST RH06. Hope they fit with no problems if so I'll need to make it adapt.
As of now sill all stock exect for tints. I'm jonesing to do the rest for now but not until they fix the hiccups. Hopefully. And no Ihavent called the service center yet so they havent acknowleged or deneid a problem at this point.

Jimbo
*cough* get a tuner and full exhaust *cough*...hehehe
Old 11-13-2007, 02:23 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Jimbo
That sounds good Jim. I'm not sure if you'll need a lift to fit those tires, but if you do, I believe that most of the vets here recommend not lifting a 2WD. I'm not quite sure what the negative consequences of it might be, but I'm sure that they will chime in w/responses for ya.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:47 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Lift the hell out of it. Lifted trucks look good.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:04 AM

thanks dre, the tires and rims are from a friends friend off a 06 f150 4x4. I'm not sure how much height difference there is between the 2wd and 4wd though so I'm hoping it'll make it and not rub. It's a pretty good deal ($1500 for the set with about 6mo. on them. I guess on a good note no one reports the issue that started this post so thats a good thing. It goes to the dealer tomorrow,we'll see what happens. I will surely let you guys know.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:40 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Cool, sounds good...keep us updated. Keepin fingers crossed that it's no biggie at all. And yeah, nice little deal for that tire/wheel combo package! Wish mine would have only cost that much...
Old 11-14-2007, 08:31 AM

a guy i work with has 24"s on his 2WD Lariat....it will fit, no need for lifting or anything. sorry to hear about your engine hiccups...and dont let ford jerk you around, because those as are very good at doing that...hope everything works out well
Old 11-14-2007, 03:28 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Mine is a 2wd though. I am definantly going to do some mods (mbrp exhaust cat back system and some 22 Americ. Racing rs-t black on chrome with some 305/45/R22 Hankook ventus ST RH06. Hope they fit with no problems if so I'll need to make it adapt.
Jimbo
I believe that the tires that jimbo wants,305/45/22, come out to be around 33" tires. I'm not sure, but I believe that LTT said in another post that those may be too large for a 4x2 w/out a level or lift and may need to go as low as 31" tires.

Originally Posted by 06f150lariat
a guy i work with has 24"s on his 2WD Lariat....it will fit, no need for lifting or anything.
That may be true lariat, but your coworker's tire width and aspect ratio may be lower than what Jimbo wants his to be (305/45), thus allowing his 24" rims to fit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone else have this issue