Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is my next move with Ford?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 09:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is my next move with Ford?

I am in a dilemma because I feel I am just getting brushed over by ford. My truck was purchased on August 10th and on August 20th it was towed in and come to find out it needs a computer.

The dealership ordered another computer on August 22th and as of today i am still waiting on the manufacture of the computer to ship one out. I call on average of every 3 days and the service guy tells me "it is supposed to ship out today" or he tells me "it's scheduled to be delivered here tomorrow or the next day". I get these answer every single time I call.

I have gone to Ford corporate and they have started a case and after a week of them doing there research to find out the bottom of this I was told by the customer service lady "it's scheduled to ship out tomorrow".

I don't know what else to do? Ford is not going out of there way to get a computer and they are letting this situation rest in the hands of the computer manufacture.

I asked the Ford representative what if this gets stretched into October, and her answer was well I will call you once a week and check with you.

I don't know what else to do, suggestions please?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2012, 09:56 AM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Did they provide you a replacement truck to use while you're waiting on parts? If not, they should.

Otherwise, not a lot you can do. If they don't have the part in stock from the manufacturer, they can't really help it. I think your only options would either be to wait for them to fix it, or demand they give you another truck and let them keep yours.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

I guess I look at situations like this a little differently. Not to make a joke out of it but the more you worry about something you may not have any control over the more it makes you worry. Although it's a bit difficult to imagine Ford not being able to lay their hands on a computer for your truck, it seems that most of your efforts are usually in vain when it come to speeding things up. Ford is kind of like the US Government. There is a protocol for getting priority parts and they very seldom deviate.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:26 AM

I agree with what your saying on trying to speed things up and that makes since. One little going against a corporation of over 100 years, and they have everything in their court (They have my truck which is paid for in cash and all I have is a Fiesta rental).

I am going up to talk to the dealership today and see if I can sit down and have a conversation with them and see where to go from here. I do need to at least get a truck as a rental because I haul computer and servers parts around and the trunk is just not cutting it.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:34 AM

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts

You might find out who the area or district Rep for Ford is in that area and get them involve as well. Not that it will speed up anything at all but would give you another outlet of someone to push on to get this resolved. They might be of assistance too with getting you a better rental.
The following users liked this post:
rancherlee (09-26-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 AM

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Ask them to pull a computer off of a used truck until their shipped part arrives, it would save them a rental, make you a happier customer and put all the issues on their back.
The following users liked this post:
Wanted33 (09-26-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 01:11 PM

The service manager told me that the computers are VIN locked. I thought about the computer swapping idea because they have an identical truck to mine at the dealership still where I bought it. The VIN number for each truck are one after another.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:23 PM

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

If you push hard enough you can get a more suitable replacement that a Fiesta rental. My 08 XLT had a CAT that failed. Initially the part was on national back order and after arm wresting with Ford CSR I was able to:

1. Get them to install an aftermarket CAT until the OEM was stocked.
2. Get them to provide with me a rental truck.

Item #2 did take a day to accomplish but I made it 100% clear that I purchased a truck for a reason, I needed one. I think the final straw was telling them that if they gave me a rental car, I fully intended on loading it down with about 1 tonne of firewood and hauling my trailer with it... (tongue in cheek of course). Seriously though, you piad for a truck, you should have access to a similiar vehicle.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:08 PM

Received 149 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by ecobeest
If you push hard enough you can get a more suitable replacement that a Fiesta rental. My 08 XLT had a CAT that failed. Initially the part was on national back order and after arm wresting with Ford CSR I was able to:

1. Get them to install an aftermarket CAT until the OEM was stocked.
2. Get them to provide with me a rental truck.

Item #2 did take a day to accomplish but I made it 100% clear that I purchased a truck for a reason, I needed one. I think the final straw was telling them that if they gave me a rental car, I fully intended on loading it down with about 1 tonne of firewood and hauling my trailer with it... (tongue in cheek of course). Seriously though, you piad for a truck, you should have access to a similiar vehicle.
I did something similar when my 08 was in the shop for warranty. They were going to give me a focus as a rental. Well I bought a truck because I needed a truck so I told them I was going to haul my dirtbike around without a trailer and take it off road hunting ect. They caved and got me a rental truck instead. A 5.4 f250 four door long box haha. I hated that rental but at least it was a truck
Old 09-26-2012, 02:31 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

yah even when my truck was getting bed lined from the dealer they gave me a truck for 2 days....i think its only appropriate and fair that they replace it with a veh in the same class

Quick Reply: What is my next move with Ford?