Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power seat not working?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 03:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Power seat not working?

I have a 2011 F-150 Lariat, The driver side seat does not move forward/backward. Only the lumbar support works as it should, there is no noise when pressing the buttons to move the seat. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? The switch works fine because I tested it on another truck and the seat memory module also works. Captain chair, leather, 10 way, heated/cooled seat.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:25 AM

Received 472 Likes on 418 Posts

Go to 2004-2008 Forum and take a look at the post entitled "Drivers seat position controls and mirrors do not work" posted yesterday. This may be your issue.
The following users liked this post:
Bryan5.0C (04-05-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I figured out the problem boys it was the seat memory module and a fuse that caused the issue, the seat module was not very cheap to replace.
The following users liked this post:
13fx4150 (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue F150 lariat 2012

Hey, do you remember the fuse number to check it out ?

QUOTE=Bryan5.0C;6968192]I figured out the problem boys it was the seat memory module and a fuse that caused the issue, the seat module was not very cheap to replace.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-06-2022, 11:58 AM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

Mats Fernandez... do you remember the fuse number to check it out ?
Welcome!

That information would be available in the owner's manual. *.below.

Consider putting your complete vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, maintenance, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature to have it automagically included when you post.
» Edit Signature ««« -click-
*Don't forget to [ save ] it.

*--------------------
(owner's manual) Don't have one -OR- would like a digital, searchable desktop document?

Owner's Manuals ««« -click-
SEARCH BY VEHICLE

» Year & Model

» Year
» Model
» Search >
Old 03-20-2023, 11:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimboy
Go to 2004-2008 Forum and take a look at the post entitled "Drivers seat position controls and mirrors do not work" posted yesterday. This may be your issue.
Just want to throw this out there for any 09-14 owners having the same problem. I found tons of references to for 08 and earlier, ( Fuse 12 -> seat memory module, orange with green stripe wire corrodes at the splice just below the fuse box ) but things are a wee bit different for 09 and up.
Found this out working on my son-in-law's 2010 Lariat, all the classic symptoms - trifecta of no driver side seat power, no mirror adjustment, no pedal adjustment - points to the memory module under the drivers seat, either the module is bad or it's not getting logic power from fuse 12. But there was no orange/green wire, turns out it's changed to a green wire with red stripe on newer trucks, and the splice location is no longer in the passenger footwell area. (side note, Ford seems to have upgraded to a better sealing heatshrink, the splices I did find seem to have some sort of resin inside, and weren't brittle or corroded).
Confirmed by finding the two green/red wires in the harness connector under the drivers seat, both tested at 1.8V, should be 12V constant power, so there is high resistance somewhere in the circuit. Then I just had to trace that wire back from the fuse box, under the sill plate towards the back of the passenger seat until I finally found telltale green corrosion. Apparently there must have been a nick in the insulation at that point, and plenty of evidence of water intrusion under the sill plate.
Anyway, patch up the damaged wire, check 12V good at the harness connector, plug it back in and everything was back.

I suspect the reason it was so hard to find info on this problem for 09 and up, is that Ford seems to have actually fixed the problem by moving the splice to a less vulnerable location, and improving the heatshrink where they do use it. So maybe it just doesn't happen any more, and my experience was a fluke, but just in case it does help anyone else...
The following 2 users liked this post by beauwulf:
mikeru (05-02-2024), steezmagee (01-20-2024)
Old 03-21-2023, 04:50 AM

Received 472 Likes on 418 Posts

beauwulf,

Many, many of the posts in this forum (and others) are open ended. Problem stated, solutions suggested but no closure. Thank you for posting feedback that allows future readers to understand and consider your experience with the issue.

jimboy

Old 05-02-2024, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beauwulf
Just want to throw this out there for any 09-14 owners having the same problem. I found tons of references to for 08 and earlier, ( Fuse 12 -> seat memory module, orange with green stripe wire corrodes at the splice just below the fuse box ) but things are a wee bit different for 09 and up.
Found this out working on my son-in-law's 2010 Lariat, all the classic symptoms - trifecta of no driver side seat power, no mirror adjustment, no pedal adjustment - points to the memory module under the drivers seat, either the module is bad or it's not getting logic power from fuse 12. But there was no orange/green wire, turns out it's changed to a green wire with red stripe on newer trucks, and the splice location is no longer in the passenger footwell area. (side note, Ford seems to have upgraded to a better sealing heatshrink, the splices I did find seem to have some sort of resin inside, and weren't brittle or corroded).
Confirmed by finding the two green/red wires in the harness connector under the drivers seat, both tested at 1.8V, should be 12V constant power, so there is high resistance somewhere in the circuit. Then I just had to trace that wire back from the fuse box, under the sill plate towards the back of the passenger seat until I finally found telltale green corrosion. Apparently there must have been a nick in the insulation at that point, and plenty of evidence of water intrusion under the sill plate.
Anyway, patch up the damaged wire, check 12V good at the harness connector, plug it back in and everything was back.

I suspect the reason it was so hard to find info on this problem for 09 and up, is that Ford seems to have actually fixed the problem by moving the splice to a less vulnerable location, and improving the heatshrink where they do use it. So maybe it just doesn't happen any more, and my experience was a fluke, but just in case it does help anyone else...

Found a single wire that was corroded. Just next to the passenger seat about half way.

Quick Reply: Power seat not working?