Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.

Logo puddle lights

Old 03-20-2014, 10:50 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Logo puddle lights

So Lincoln is doing this with the 2015 Navigator. How hard would this be to do on my 2012 Platinum?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:51 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

not easy because you would need a projector lens and also it would have to be focused
Old 03-20-2014, 11:03 AM
F150 Forum

Received 232 Likes on 192 Posts

They sell them on eBay I believe. Some people mount them on the bottom of the door so when you open it, it projects a logo.

Here is the one with the ford logo.

http://bit.ly/1l77EVP
Old 03-20-2014, 11:10 AM

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Not to hard at all! All you have to do is drill a hole in the bottom on the door and buy a set of these (see link). I know if you search you will find a company that will do custom ones so you could come up with the design you want and they will produce it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Ford-Logo...-/271429817277
Old 03-20-2014, 11:11 AM

Received 154 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Bdukes55 View Post
They sell them on eBay I believe. Some people mount them on the bottom of the door so when you open it, it projects a logo.

I bought the same ones for my truck. I don't like the ford logo at all, it seems really cheesy.

I have been working on a new logo for it (the limited logo that is embedded in our seats.) The problem came when i got the lights and took them apart. There is a small plastic ring with the logo in it. The logo is about 1/4 inch max within this ring. It will be difficult to get my image to print so small on clear film with enough detail where it will look good projected. I planned on tackling this a bit on the weekend and see what i can get working. I wont install them with the ford logo as is.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bdukes55 View Post

you beat me to it!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by ianinedm View Post
I bought the same ones for my truck. I don't like the ford logo at all, it seems really cheesy.

I have been working on a new logo for it (the limited logo that is embedded in our seats.) The problem came when i got the lights and took them apart. There is a small plastic ring with the logo in it. The logo is about 1/4 inch max within this ring. It will be difficult to get my image to print so small on clear film with enough detail where it will look good projected. I planned on tackling this a bit on the weekend and see what i can get working. I wont install them with the ford logo as is.
I wish I had that link to the company that will do custom ones,, I know it is out there and I should have saved it. I wondered if they would look as good as they show and thanks for letting us know they will not. Of course there may be a couple of different companies making these and the quality may be a lot better.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:09 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

The ones I posted come on with the puddle lights when you unlock the door, not when you open it. Seems like I would be able to modify my existing puddle lights to make this happen.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:14 PM
F150 Forum

Received 232 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by SurebutterCringe View Post
The ones I posted come on with the puddle lights when you unlock the door, not when you open it. Seems like I would be able to modify my existing puddle lights to make this happen.
Yeah, I noticed that but, not sure though if there is enough room up in the mirror to fit those projectors. Someone who had had the mirror apart more than me might can be a little more help.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:12 PM

Received 154 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by mamonti View Post
I wish I had that link to the company that will do custom ones,, I know it is out there and I should have saved it. I wondered if they would look as good as they show and thanks for letting us know they will not. Of course there may be a couple of different companies making these and the quality may be a lot better.
it should be easy to do as long as the quality if image is good. The ring comes apart so swapping the logo should be easy. At the end of the day, if it looks like crap, so be it, the lights were only 15$

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Logo puddle lights

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: