Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

DD touch screen

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default DD touch screen

Can anyone recommend a double din touch screen radio for me? I would like to have gps with it but dont really have alot of money right now to spend.

http://www.walmart.com/Xo-Vision-Dash-7-Dvd/ip/11078694 found this one at walmart just doesnt have gps. maybe i could just do without for the price.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try to find a system where you can add on a gps/navi down the road.

I installed a JVC and love it. it's got everything but navi and bluetooth. I have a Garmin now so Navi wasnt a big issue. Check out Crutchfield and Sonic Electronix also....
Old 12-28-2009, 12:52 PM

i didnt realize that the gps kit is like another 250 bucks. on top of the radio purchase.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:03 AM

ok, well im just going to wait until i get my income tax money. what is a good system to get that already has the gps stuff included with it?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:11 PM
2001 F150 4.6L SuperCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spdkilz02
ok, well im just going to wait until i get my income tax money. what is a good system to get that already has the gps stuff included with it?
Pioneer AVIC-U310BT In-Dash Car Navigation Receiver

Pioneer AVIC-U310BT
In-Dash Double DIN 4.3" Touchscreen Monitor w/ CD, MP3, WMA, AAC, SD, USB Reciever. Built-in Bluetooth and GPS Navigation

Sonic Electronic has this for 409 right now.

Local dealer has these for 399 brand new. You could search online for a similar price but this is probably one of the best brand name budget gps units on the market. It has a small face plate but it will do exactly what you ask for. Faceplate detaches for security and for planning trips in the house and then take the unit back to the car to get turn by turn directions. good luck.

Last edited by comforta; 12-29-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:24 AM

i just put that into google and found it for $298.

but I'm going to just wait until after I get my tax return money and buy the one that I want for sure. Its going to have Nav, back up camera and all. def has to have a 7" screen on it as well. plus the dvd player needs to be a divx.

Last edited by spdkilz02; 12-30-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:20 AM

Clarion NX409

is that a decent h/u?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:31 AM

Received 30 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by comforta
Pioneer AVIC-U310BT In-Dash Car Navigation Receiver
From what I have read, the GPS is pretty basic, and barely adequate. Unfortunately, the saying "You have to pay to play" is all too clear here. I am still researching this and I haven't ruled it out, but so far the lack of features of the GPS is a buzzkill for me.

Originally Posted by spdkilz02
Clarion NX409

is that a decent h/u?
Yes, Clarion is a good brand.

There is a Kenwood (DNX7120) unit that I found for around $800 that seems to fit the bill for me. So far the only major downside to it seems to be the lack of anti-skip memory and lack of built in bluetooth.

I am probably going to have to wait till bonus/income tax time... because to cover everything, I am looking at having to spend $1400 (GPS, Bluetooth, DD Touch screen, back-up camera...) and that is just on the headunit side of things.

However I would much rather have everything included that I want. GPS is more of a want than a need, but if I am going to do it I want to do it properly.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 AM

that is exactly how i feel about it. i will just wait til i have enough money to get what i want the first time. its always cheaper the first time then to buy one, only to purchase another one in a year.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you really need to determine how much you want to spend for a H/U first and then start looking at the ones that fall into that price range. I just bought a new H/U for my truck that has all the functionality that you are looking for. I found it on Crutchfield initially but they wanted too much for it so I figured I'd have to settle for something else. But as I kept looking I eventually found that same unit on Sonic Electronix and Amazon for a lot less than Crutchfield and I ended up buying it from Amazon. I got the new Eclipse AVN726E which is a really sweet unit.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002697UUG/ref=oss_T15_product http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002697UUG/ref=oss_T15_product

I'm having it installed tomorrow morning. The only thing I wish it had, that it doesn't, is a removable face plate for security. My decision came down to this Eclipse unit and a JVC unit that did have a removable face plate. They were both within $30 of each other also. This is the JVC unit:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...KW-NX7000.html

I went with the Eclipse because of the reviews I read on it and brand familiarity I have with it. I've owned other Eclipse units in the past and liked them. I also wanted to have good iPhone compatibility with whatever H/U I bought and it sounds like both of these units has that. They also support backup camera's and satellite radio which I plan on adding later on. From what I've read the nav functionality on both of these units is very good. The maps are installed on internal memory so you don't have to have a map dvd in the player all the time. The maps can be updated by using a SD memory card which makes it very simple to do. They also both support Bluetooth which was another requirement of mine.

So check them out and see what you think. If they fall within your budget then I don't think you would be disappointed with either one of them. I'll post back after I have mine installed and let you know what I think of it and I'll try to post some pictures too.

Quick Reply: DD touch screen