Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Wax Recommendations ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 03:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Wax Recommendations ?

Is there a good wax ( paste ) out there for a white truck ? I use Meguiars now but dont really get much shine from it. I guess white is hard to shine.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know i will get slammed for this but i have to say good old turtle wax still works amazing, i have used meguires gold class that's good stuff for $30 a can , turtle wax seems to hold up the best i use it on my truck , my boat, cover the whole vehicle and let that stuff sit for a while not in the sun, to when it becomes almost a chalk then buff by hand with a 100 percent terry cloth ,
Old 04-23-2017, 06:57 PM

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm a big fan of chemical guys products. They make a special wax for white/silver paints as well.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Look up Collinite in this section of the board. It gets rave reviews and you'll see pictures.

If you're looking for longest lasting, a sealant or "synthetic wax" lasts much longer than a carnauba or standard wax. (Collinite is a synthetic.) You must put it on sparingly, or you'll wear yourself out trying to buff it off. That also means it looks expensive on the price tag, but a couple caps full will do your entire truck.

I bought a bottle of Klasse sealant five years ago when we bought a Solstice. I have done the Solstice every spring since then (5 times), my '12 F150 twice now, and my '17 Explorer once. I still have about 1/3 of the bottle left.

The synthetics can last up to a year depending upon your conditions and how frequently you wash. It tends to leave a "colder" gloss level on the paint. Many people choose to put a standard wax on top of the sealant for a deeper lustre.

I was skeptical at first, but would not go any other route now. Read up on autogeek.net for details and to get other recommendations. Many brands out there now that receive good reviews.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:32 AM

Received 434 Likes on 291 Posts

Collinite 845....It is a blend of carnauba and synthetic
Old 04-24-2017, 11:47 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

If you're looking for that mirror finish, then it's very hard to do with white.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:54 AM
Let the Fun Begin

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm a Collinite fan!
Old 04-24-2017, 01:55 PM

I've tried Mother's, Maguires, and a buddy gave me a sample bottle of the product they put on Rolls. Last fall I wanted to put a last coat before the cold set in and I tried Turtle Waxes Liquid Ice. I'm sold! The shine made it through the New England winter, with water still beading 2.5 months later. You can use it on the plastic and rubber trims, as well as the chrome. No white reside. Application was easy, apply wait 5 minutes, comes off with a towel, even faster with a buffer. I was skeptical, I still remember those green cans from my dad's day.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:25 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by dkonnecticut
I've tried Mother's, Maguires, and a buddy gave me a sample bottle of the product they put on Rolls. Last fall I wanted to put a last coat before the cold set in and I tried Turtle Waxes Liquid Ice. I'm sold! The shine made it through the New England winter, with water still beading 2.5 months later. You can use it on the plastic and rubber trims, as well as the chrome. No white reside. Application was easy, apply wait 5 minutes, comes off with a towel, even faster with a buffer. I was skeptical, I still remember those green cans from my dad's day.

Is this ths stuff you're talking about? http://www.best-auto-detailing-tips....urtle-wax.html
Old 04-24-2017, 07:52 PM

That's it.