General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so I was driving home from work one day and all of a sudden my truck died which is a 04 f150 4.6. I then tried to restart it but it would not turn over at all. I then find out that i am not getting any power to my fuse box so i replace it now the truck will turn over even start sometimes but only for 2 or 3 seconds and the die. then I realize my fuel pump is not working so I replace it and the fuel filter....same thing still. I've replaced spark plugs and the fuel pump drive module also it still does the same thing. But today I tried to hook up a code reader to see what was wrong but it would not come on I realized I had no fuse in the cigarette lighter spot in the fuse box. I put it in and the code reader comes on but now the truck will not turn over at all but when I take the fuse back out it will but none the less it wont start and run......please help me
Old 10-10-2018, 09:46 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie601
ok so I was driving home from work one day and all of a sudden my truck died which is a 04 f150 4.6. I then tried to restart it but it would not turn over at all. I then find out that i am not getting any power to my fuse box so i replace it now the truck will turn over even start sometimes but only for 2 or 3 seconds and the die. then I realize my fuel pump is not working so I replace it and the fuel filter....same thing still. I've replaced spark plugs and the fuel pump drive module also it still does the same thing. But today I tried to hook up a code reader to see what was wrong but it would not come on I realized I had no fuse in the cigarette lighter spot in the fuse box. I put it in and the code reader comes on but now the truck will not turn over at all but when I take the fuse back out it will but none the less it wont start and run......please help me
Sucks when crap like that happens, no one's going to be able to help you over the net, you need a trained tech to put hands on the truck to know what's wrong with it, or you could keep firing the parts cannon at it.

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
greggebhardt (10-12-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 09:52 PM

yea I know I'm really hoping someone has been through this before and can help me out but thanks anyways
Old 10-10-2018, 09:53 PM
SSDD

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Maybe I missed it, but did you check all fuses that would relate to your problem?
Old 10-10-2018, 09:56 PM

yes all fuses are in good condition I pulled each one out and checked
Old 10-10-2018, 09:56 PM
SSDD

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Might have a bad ground?
Old 10-10-2018, 10:06 PM

Received 132 Likes on 82 Posts

Roger Scorge. Check your battery cables.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:14 PM

a bad ground where? to the cables? and I will check that now
Old 10-11-2018, 10:16 AM

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie601
a bad ground where? to the cables? and I will check that now
A bad ground connection from the neg. battery post to the chassis, engine block and maybe around the fuse box.
Also remove clean any corrosion on both battery clamps/posts.

No power to the fuse box? Are you sure changing the fuse box fixed the no power problem?
The no power thing could have been an intermittent problem before the fuse box.
Also check any main power fuse links.
I'd double check that the fuse box power feed is 100% solid and not intermittent..

Far as the cigar lighter fuse issue, are there any after market electrical or electronic accessories installed in the truck?
Tapping power off the cigar power wire can be used for adding aftermarket electronics in the cabin, been there done that.
This whole thing does smack of a ground issue as previously mentioned by SCORGE.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:44 AM

well as far as the fuse box power I'm pretty sure it worked because everything fuse related now works. It would not turn over or do anything before I replaced it

Quick Reply: Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!