Chevy VS Ford

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy VS Ford

What are the downfalls of fords?

What are the downfalls of chevys?

Truthfully what is the tougher choice.

When it comes down to beeting on a truck and putting them threw hard work what will come out on top. And dont ask why dodge isnt in this poll dodge in my eyes isnt evan a vehicle. More like a giant piece of shi* on wheels.

What u think?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:21 AM

Good morning,

I know what you mean about Dodge not really being in your pole.

I lived in Winnipeg for a few years while I was playing with the Air Force. We used to goto auction sales every now and again. Now there is folks that live in the Prairies that have to use a truck as a truck. Nothing fancy for these folks. Chrome don't give you extra MPG at all.

So the truck of choice for these folks is full sized Chevy 1500 or Ford 150. There was the odd Dodge and certainly no Toyotas. If they were hauling animals, they had the F250 for the deisel, but not too often as deisel is less plentiful as you get to farm country.

Also, you have to remember, these farmers often fix their trucks with baling wire and gun tape. These folks need reliable, dependable, durable work trucks that will operate after years of work. Fancy schmancy Dodge might look nice at church, but it don't last. Toyota can only be fixed at the dealership. So that leaves those vehicles out of the running.

Hell even the Hetorites and Menonites know better. They get their huge Club Vans that seats about 20. Again, either Ford or Chev. No chrome, with the exception of a few trim pieces.

My father is a Chev guy from way back. His main rant is that you can always find Chev parts at you local corner garage, anywhere North America. He calls anything foreign, a Jap piece of crap. He makes rude gestures to those folks that have the Ranger or S-10 and dare call it a truck. He often tells these folks that they will have a nice truck when it is all grown up.

So obviously, since I have had a few Fords in my life time, I am a Ford convert. Who makes a better truck? I guess that is just a matter of taste.

But I am willing to argue the point that Ford is better.

Mitch
Old 11-05-2007, 05:23 PM

Yea i agree, 100% i think that the only good dodge truck was made back in the 70's or 80's and had the cummins engine in it. I have a 87 ford thats beet to hell with 201,000 miles on it and she still runs like the day it came off the showroom floor. Truthfully the body is rusting around the everlasting mechanical parts. Fords outlast there chassis. Its funny cause when the chassis is completely rusted away and its just a lil bit of a frame and a engine left it will probally still run. All this **** talkins going to get me in trouble so knock on wood and hopefully shell still run for anothe 200,000
Old 11-05-2007, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It comes down to personal taste. I have been a Ford man for 27 years but when I was shopping for a new truck I went and looked at the new Silverado. In my opinion the F-150 beat it out in exterior looks, interior, cargo box and features. The only thing the Chevy won was the motor, but not by enough to overlook the other things....in my opinion.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:49 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

i think the answers will be a little biast. that being said, ford all the way
Old 11-05-2007, 09:51 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

If the Chevy's looked better I would have bought one. I like GM vehicles over Ford but Ford makes a great truck and they look the best, plus I got a huge discount off the sticker.

When I test drove them it was obvious that Ford has a much better ride. The Chevy felt like it had more power though. I ripped the wheels off of that thing lol. It was very easy to break traction in it.

They both are great trucks. I say buy what you like the best.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we had fseries for about 30 years in the new south wales ambulance service,yes we did have troubles with them,but when ford decided to stop making r\h drive trucks,the service imported gmc,s they didnt last 10 years we bailed out of them nearly as quick as we started using them. As an ambulance out here they just were no good,looked ok tho
Old 11-05-2007, 11:21 PM

if its not a ford then its not a truck!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:33 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Before I got my F150 back in April, I looked at every full size pickup...since I had 10k to put down, I could have gotten anything I wanted.....I negated the other pickups for certain reasons....

1. Nissan - much like its Japanese brethern, many individual options available on the Big Three were grouped together in "packages" which annoyed me so....Some options were available on certain trim levels, but not others.

2. toyota - Options were extremely expensive as were the packages, including getting Black Leather as a "Limited" option, but not as an X-SP option, which had to be grouped with others as do 20inch wheels, which cost roughly $3,000 as a factory option because the tires are Michelin and the wheels are BBS.

3. Dodge - reason is obvious...its name means "To Avoid", but also, its individual options were pricier, as is the Hemi, if you want it, on your SLT Laramie, but have to tag on the Automatic for an additional $900.

4. GMC - I actually like this one, I almost got it and prefer the smaller quirks over the Bowtie. Its a very well built truck and the VortecMAX is wicked re-todded. It just seems cleaner than the Silverado.

5. Chevrolet - Of course is identical to the Sierra (and/or duh!) but the one thing I dont like is the interior design....the whole elevenzillion buttons thing drives me crazy.

6. Ford - I chose it because I know its a solid build, its competively priced, financing is superb, and I found one with everything I wanted and nothing I didnt.....which is difficult to find in the Nissan and Toyota......and my truck is built in Virginia....not mexico.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

VortecMAX

Quick Reply: Chevy VS Ford