Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are you satisified with the results of the TSB for your cooled seat back?
No, I think the issue needs to be addressed further.
76.00%
Yes, completely satisfied.
24.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Satisfaction Poll for Completed Cooled Seat Back TSB

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Question Satisfaction Poll for Completed Cooled Seat Back TSB

I am curious how many of us who have had the cooled seat back TSB performed are satisfied with the results. Only include the performance of them, please don't include any dealer specific issues in your answer.

If my suspicions are correct in respect to customer satisfaction, I hope someone with Ford will take notice of this poll and address this issue further.

Last edited by wolfewl; 10-15-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My seat back still gets hot, no air flow in seat back (iit doesn't cool) AND there are sharp protrusions in both the rear seat backs in the passenger cabin above the magazine pocket.

NOT HAPPY AT ALL.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Count me in as someone who has had the fix done and has less cooling in the seat back than before.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Truck stayed at the dealer for 6 days. It worked ok the first time, though never really gets cold. I'd say about 70% of the time, the back does not cool at all. It no longer gets hot, but does not get cold either. I work for a rental car company, I drive Mustangs, Tauruses, Edges, Expeditions, and Lincolns and in most of them the cooled seats cannot stay on high for too long or they get too cold. I have to keep my truck on high ALL the time and even them, sometimes the cool just goes away. You can feel it getting colder and then it stops. I know what these seats can do and Ford's #1 seller is broken!
Old 10-15-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Unsatisfied. I had the TSB done about 2 weeks ago. Temperatures in Alabama have cooled 20 degrees since this summer. Have taken a couple of long trips that were 6 plus hours. The seat backs cool at first then stop but no longer overheat. I can put my hand under my bottom and feel cooling on seat surface after an hour in the truck. If I put my hand behind my back its warm from body heat like a regular seat.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:11 PM
Saved by Grace

Received 262 Likes on 68 Posts

un...
Old 10-15-2015, 04:20 PM

Received 108 Likes on 77 Posts

Seat bottom turns your **** into a block of ice just to get moderate cooling in the seat back.

Trending Topics

Old 10-16-2015, 07:51 AM

I wish I had waited, cooler weather is here now so not much need for cooling. I'm scared to hit the heat, who knows what that result will be.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:56 AM

Received 368 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by bigandtall
Seat bottom turns your **** into a block of ice just to get moderate cooling in the seat back.
LOL made me just think Ford could have pulled a fast one on us and during the TSB make your seat bottom not cool so much and then be equal to the lumbar area then we would not know the difference...

The Poll does not have being just content with the TSB. It's not perfect but I feel it's better than before for now.

I also wonder if some of you are just getting bad installs? I pulled my seats apart when I got home and checked everything. They did a very nice job on the seat TSB.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by kendive
The Poll does not have being just content with the TSB. It's not perfect but I feel it's better than before for now.
I wrestled with the third option in the poll, but, my goal is to see how many people feel Ford needs to address this issue further (feel that the TSB is not an acceptable resolution). I know I feel that way, I want to see if others agree or if I just expect too much from my "cooled seats". I've had cooled seats before, from Ford as well as other manufacturers - maybe that's my problem...
The following users liked this post:
15platinumfx4 (02-05-2016)

Quick Reply: Satisfaction Poll for Completed Cooled Seat Back TSB