Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programming a 3rd Intelligent Access Key

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 03:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Programming a 3rd Intelligent Access Key

I have a 2015 Lariat F150 and and a spare key from my totalled 2015 F150 Lariat (had her for 2 days when a former cop hit her parked on a residential street and totaled her).

I have looked everywhere and cannot find instructions that are correct for programming they key. I took it into my local dealership (not where I purchased the truck) and they told me it would be $75 to connect the computer and then program the key (YEAH RIGHT!)

I have tried [http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicl...150&year=2015] but that did not help.

I have tried the manual's instructions but they are totally wrong as they say you need a key to stick into the ignition (and this is push button start).

I have called Ford Customer Service (no help there either).

Anyone know something that I don't?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:15 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

did you put the key into the little holder?

"Put the new unprogrammed Intelligent Access key in the center console pocket."

If this did not work, maybe it is because it was programmed to another vehicle?
Old 04-01-2015, 03:17 PM

I did, and it did not work. Could be because it was already coded - good point.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by bhboots
I have a 2015 Lariat F150 and and a spare key from my totalled 2015 F150 Lariat (had her for 2 days when a former cop hit her parked on a residential street and totaled her).

I have looked everywhere and cannot find instructions that are correct for programming they key. I took it into my local dealership (not where I purchased the truck) and they told me it would be $75 to connect the computer and then program the key (YEAH RIGHT!)

I have tried [http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicl...150&year=2015] but that did not help.

I have tried the manual's instructions but they are totally wrong as they say you need a key to stick into the ignition (and this is push button start).

Thanks!
I suggest getting in contact with the service department at your local dealer, bhboots; they'll be able to assist with this.

Brittany

Last edited by FordService; 04-01-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
I would get in contact with the service department at your local dealer, bhboots; they'll be able to assist with this.

Brittany
Thanks Brittany... but I really don't want to pay $75 to have them spend 5 minutes programming a backup key if I can help it.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Thanks Brittany... but I really don't want to pay $75 to have them spend 5 minutes programming a backup key if I can help it.
I understand, bhboots! If you have any questions moving forward, please let me know.

Brittany
Old 04-01-2015, 06:58 PM

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks!
From my understanding, you need to get the truck into program mode. I don't have my truck yet, but other Fords actually have a program button under the the instrument panel. I did find this in another Ford forum but I don't know if this will work on the 2015 F-150:

1. Open Hood
2. press and hold brake pedal
3. press and hold program/overide button
4. press start button, car should not start with hood open. Mine started, HOWEVER....
5. I got the three horn chirps, and then pressed the start button on the remote and got the accompanying 1 horn chirp to confirm programming of the remote.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:03 PM

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Pics of your totaled truck?
The following users liked this post:
ts599 (08-19-2015)
Old 04-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Don't spreadsheet this..

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by centex99
Yes, we want to see carnage!

Regarding the programming, if the manual instructions aren't working, see if you can sweet talk your dealer into programming the key per gratis. I mean, you did just buy a 50k dollar truck; they could probably spend a few minutes and hook you up. Remember, you get more bees with honey than you do vinegar.

EDIT: The Ford how-to on programming says to place an unprogrammed key into the program slot. Perhaps there is a way to "unprogram" a key so that you can start fresh.

Last edited by flanneljunkie; 04-01-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:15 PM

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by centex99
What he said

Quick Reply: Programming a 3rd Intelligent Access Key