Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 05:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default electrical problems

I bought my 2015 xlt 2.7l ecboost with everything but leather and sun roof. I love my truck, i only put 700 miles on it, and it has been getting the advertised 20mpg mixed driving. After one week its at the shop. The climate controls where out, the stereo controls out, compass out, outside temp out, passenger side door lock-window controls out, air bag light on so i guess air bag out, and last thing the electronics with the shifter are out or messed up. They look at it the next day and it works fine. So ford keeps it one more day so they can drive it and make sure its working fine. They put 50-60 miles on it and call me to come and get it. I had it for 3 days it back at the shop they have had it for a week. They dont know whats wrong but think its the connection to the main wire harness. So they will have it for a week to do the work plus how ever long it take to get the wire harness. When i get my truck back i will be making the first payment and only had the truck for a week. Plus i will have a brand new truck that has been taken apart and put back together. Im not happy right now. I havent seen any other post like this so i thought i would post this for others to read before dropping $46,000 on their truck.
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (11-21-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 10:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bessj26
I bought my 2015 xlt 2.7l ecboost with everything but leather and sun roof. I love my truck, i only put 700 miles on it, and it has been getting the advertised 20mpg mixed driving. After one week its at the shop. The climate controls where out, the stereo controls out, compass out, outside temp out, passenger side door lock-window controls out, air bag light on so i guess air bag out, and last thing the electronics with the shifter are out or messed up. They look at it the next day and it works fine. So ford keeps it one more day so they can drive it and make sure its working fine. They put 50-60 miles on it and call me to come and get it. I had it for 3 days it back at the shop they have had it for a week. They dont know whats wrong but think its the connection to the main wire harness. So they will have it for a week to do the work plus how ever long it take to get the wire harness. When i get my truck back i will be making the first payment and only had the truck for a week. Plus i will have a brand new truck that has been taken apart and put back together. Im not happy right now. I havent seen any other post like this so i thought i would post this for others to read before dropping $46,000 on their truck.
How did all that turn out
Old 09-25-2015, 10:33 PM

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

bessj26 unfortunately I empathize with you.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/first...remlin-311471/

Last edited by Maybe2ndFord; 09-25-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Maybe2ndFord
bessj26 unfortunately I empathize with you.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/first...remlin-311471/
Thanks. Sounds like your experience is worse than mine. Hope everything has worked out for you. Ky lemon law states 4 visits for the same issue or 30 days in the shop within 2 years or 24000 miles. I will be at 15 days and 2 visits on friday when im expecting my truck back. Fingers crossed i wont have to worry about the rest of the lemon law. Ford complaint department said that ounce the truck is back and confirmed fixed they would give an extended warranty. If the problem is fixed that sounds good to me. I will update again when i have the truck.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:46 PM

Update. This morning ford dealer called said they got my truck all back together and its the wrong wiring harness. Now they have to figure out which wiring harness is the right one then take truck APART AGAIN and start over. I placed another call to customer service when i got off the phone with ford service department. I think i have been very understanding and patient. Now im just mad.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:33 PM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Sorry to hear that but unfortunately it happens. Consumers continue to accept status quo so nothing changes.

I certainly would expect Ford to offer you the "maximum premium care extended warranty including rental car on first day!" If it's 7 years or longer and 125k or more miles, at no charge, once your truck is repaired. Anything less is an insult!

Good luck!
Old 10-08-2015, 06:12 PM

Another update. Day 21 no vehicle. Still at the shop, service manager said that they still have to figure out why wire harness did not work because part number was correct. Ford engineers are in meetings all week so no response until monday. Then another week to complete work. So i called the C/S department again and they said they are going to put in the paper work for reclaiming the vehicle and that will take up to 7-10 days. So with that i have a question can anyone give me any advice about what to expect with this process? C/S person said she doesnt know much about the process because its another department. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:47 PM

Another update. Day 40. Ford is buying back my f150. Still driving the rental car. I should get the offer in the mail tomorrow. I have been told i can pick my vehicle of choice up to the MSRP of my original purchase regard less of any deals or incentives.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:49 PM

Oh and truck still in the service department and ford is sending an engineer down to figure out why the truck could not be fixed.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:51 PM

Received 1,224 Likes on 624 Posts

Pretty sure you qualify for almost any states lemon law at this point. Stop posting online and start the process.

Quick Reply: electrical problems