Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

360 Camera Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 360 Camera Question

Hey,

I am new to this forum and a proud new owner of a 2015 Lariat. I was wondering is there anything that can be done to get the 360 camera to switch from the back up to the front camera when I change from reverse to drive? Or to stay on? I find as I am trying to wiggle my crew cab with a 6.5 foot box into a small space my camera is constantly only showing the back or switching off all together when I am switching from reverse to drive or back.

I may be the only one who struggles with this but I find in a busy tight parkade its a full time job steering, shifting, watching where I want to go and hitting that darn button so I can see if I am about to drive into the Miata that is parked in front of me.

Feel free to make fun of the guy who bought a 157” wheel based truck and can’t park it.

Thanks!!
Robbie
Old 04-07-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by robbie2013
Hey,

I am new to this forum and a proud new owner of a 2015 Lariat. I was wondering is there anything that can be done to get the 360 camera to switch from the back up to the front camera when I change from reverse to drive? Or to stay on? I find as I am trying to wiggle my crew cab with a 6.5 foot box into a small space my camera is constantly only showing the back or switching off all together when I am switching from reverse to drive or back.

I may be the only one who struggles with this but I find in a busy tight parkade its a full time job steering, shifting, watching where I want to go and hitting that darn button so I can see if I am about to drive into the Miata that is parked in front of me.

Feel free to make fun of the guy who bought a 157” wheel based truck and can’t park it.

Thanks!!
Robbie
I feel your pain. I wish I could see the rear camera with it in drive. My garage is a TIGHT fit, and I would like to make sure the back bumper is in past the garage door's path without shifting to reverse.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:33 PM

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Mytouch Lockpick Air.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:37 PM

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

I too feel your pain.

When in 360 camera mode, the camera should stay on the selected view regardless of gear choice. This would really help getting into and out of some of those tight spots.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:40 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd84
I feel your pain. I wish I could see the rear camera with it in drive. My garage is a TIGHT fit, and I would like to make sure the back bumper is in past the garage door's path without shifting to reverse.
Can you press the 360 button and select the rear camera while in drive?
Old 04-07-2015, 06:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Danager
Mytouch Lockpick Air.
What he said.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Yes you can, but the issue is when you switch to reverse, it auto switches to the rear view cam and stays for a bit even after switching back to drive.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 360 camera, like everything though, it could always be better
Old 04-07-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 352 Likes on 245 Posts

On mine, there are 3 different views you can select from while in reverse. There is also a delay you can turn on. I wish the front camera could stay on up to 20ish mph.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Danager
Mytouch Lockpick Air.
Oky Doky….. this will make me sound like more of a newb but what is a Mytouch Lockpick Air??
Old 04-07-2015, 10:56 PM

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by robbie2013
Oky Doky….. this will make me sound like more of a newb but what is a Mytouch Lockpick Air??
Google it for the details and pricing. There are a number of videos and testimonials.

Essentially, it is a plug and play device that is installed between the vehicle harness and the in dash screen. It allows you to override certain factory systems. It introduces the ability to add multiple video inputs (sources), both wired and wireless. It also allows greater flexibility of video outputs. You can control multiple displays with this.

Quick Reply: 360 Camera Question