Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

DeAutoLED in a 2018+

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb DeAutoLED in a 2018+

So I've been reading review all over the net on different bulbs, HIDs etc. I was going to go HIDs but I just want something simple that lights up right away etc. Yeah they are brighter and the 55w kits are insanely bright. But I rather get an LED if they can actually work in our housing.

So I came across https://www.bulbfacts.com/led-kits/chart/ he has Youtube channel that's where I originally found him. I was checking out all this amazon led reviews when I scrolled down and found his premium led. The seem really impressive in his VW the beam pattern looks great as well https://www.bulbfacts.com/led-kits/r...it-review.html. So that says to me only thing left is how bright is it and cost. Well its crazy bright! Even brighter than a real Philips bulb which is impressive.

If I don't get these I might get one of the higher rated amazon ones. Considering they are half the price of these I might get them anyways just to try.

So the question is, has anyone run these in the ****ty 2018+ housing?
Old 01-08-2019, 01:11 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I've looked at that channel before, and find it very misleading and confusing, probably on purpose. You can't accurately list specs on lamps without using the same lamp in the same housing, i.e. comparing a 9005 in housing A with an H4 in housing B will yield completely different data that do not correlate with each other. The DeAutoLED site doesn't list anything about them really, not even the specific manufacturer of the LEDs themselves. They also have a statement about using a resistor, then call it a ballast, then go back to resistor a few lines down. Pretty shady to me, and I personally wouldn't touch a headlight with a resistor needed. These to me look like so much other over-marketed Chinese junk that are trying to charge way too much in an attempt to seem legitimate.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:13 PM

I'm also guessing this "member" is a shill for said over-marketed crap, since they've made 7 whole posts since 2012.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:21 PM

Received 892 Likes on 584 Posts

If you must go led either Diode Dynamics SL1 or Morimoto 2 Stroke 2.0 were both designed for reflector housings. HID's will scatter and blind the ever loving crap out of oncoming traffic, especially a 55 watt kit. Cheap leds are going to do the same as well.
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (01-09-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by jwjeep
I'm also guessing this "member" is a shill for said over-marketed crap, since they've made 7 whole posts since 2012.
Huh? I made a whole 7 posts because I looked at f150s in 2012 and didn't like them and bought a jeep. Now I bought a new 2018. You're posting here because??
Old 01-08-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by jwjeep
I've looked at that channel before, and find it very misleading and confusing, probably on purpose. You can't accurately list specs on lamps without using the same lamp in the same housing, i.e. comparing a 9005 in housing A with an H4 in housing B will yield completely different data that do not correlate with each other. The DeAutoLED site doesn't list anything about them really, not even the specific manufacturer of the LEDs themselves. They also have a statement about using a resistor, then call it a ballast, then go back to resistor a few lines down. Pretty shady to me, and I personally wouldn't touch a headlight with a resistor needed. These to me look like so much other over-marketed Chinese junk that are trying to charge way too much in an attempt to seem legitimate.
Are you talking about that dude channel or another channel from the manufacture I was asking about?

The bulb facts guy list more info than mist manufactures and I dont know what housing he has but he tests them all in the sane one as he show's the beam pattern so you can compare. Besides guys actually selling their products I cant find a legitimate sourse for information on bulbs. Everyone is marketing them or saying theirs is the best etc. I bought two sets of off brand leds to try in my sled for kicks. Was thinking about doing the same for the truck.

Was hoping someone has done it already as I hate being the guinea pig. I was interested in these bulbs mainly becuase he rates them higher than the Phillips brand bulbs and even those Morimoto two-stroke 2.0s. They are all around the same price it seems mixed reviews on basically every light product I can find doesn't give me much to go on.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/f83/morimo...-2-0-a-436202/

Just installed the 2stroke last night.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been reading Headlight Revolution https://headlightrevolution.com/ for several months and they seem to have a pretty good handle on what works best with what headlight can. If nothing else they have spent a bunch on cans and LEDs and have a plethora of videos demonstrating what works where and what kind of pattern you will get.

My 2 have a look.

Raymond
Old 01-12-2019, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rainman4Tech
Been reading Headlight Revolution https://headlightrevolution.com/ for several months and they seem to have a pretty good handle on what works best with what headlight can. If nothing else they have spent a bunch on cans and LEDs and have a plethora of videos demonstrating what works where and what kind of pattern you will get.

My 2 have a look.

Raymond
Agree only thing I dont like is they push their products. They don't actually review others. Bulb facts is the only one I've found that's neutral. Reviews all the random amazon stuff and reviews more premium stuff like morimoto. I checked his info page where he says how they are reviewed seems legit. The bulbs he uses are h7 so thats the only thing that is different then what we use. Not sure what is the diff.

I would like to see another neutral comparison review but its hard to find. Everyone is selling something. Or they just review one bulb thats not a comparison.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:33 PM

That's because it's subjective to begin with. An H7 in that guys projector housing gives no bearing on how well that brand of bulb will work as an H11 in your reflector housing. Apples and oranges. That's why I said his tests don't really allow a meaningful comparison, unless your using the same housing and bulb type he is.

Quick Reply: DeAutoLED in a 2018+