Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Morimoto 2 stroke 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Morimoto 2 stroke 2.0

Hi everyone i just thought ide share my thoughts on the morimoto 2 stroke 2.0 h11 bulbs as my search before buying didnt turn up much info.
This is my first time ever using LED bulbs im used to HID but being a newer truck still under warranty and whatnot i didnt want to mess around with wiring and all that crap.

Driver and everything fit right into the housing and the stock cap fit right back on. Fan will be noisy IF the wire closest to the fan directly vibrates on anything. I tried to keep it suspended as best as i could but after the test drive it seems to be touching again. If thats a big deal for you you could always cut the dust cover and dampen the wire through it.

The thing that was important to me was the beam pattern and it held up to its claims reproducing pretty damn close to stock beam and didnt rrequire any headlight adjustment for me.

Left stock right is morimoto and also morimoto xv switchback Fogs are silvania 9140 yellow halogen. ( I wasnt gonna buy 3 sets of morimoto LED at 160 a pop lol so instead of color matching i went completely diff color.)

Both sides.

A question i had was do i need an anti flicker harness for LED bulbs? I couldnt definately find the answer so i purchashed them anyway. I was going to install them but they didnt fit into the housing and the lights dont flicker with headlights turned on at night. Im sure DRL would flicker but i will be changing settings in forscan and maybe run the running lights or fogs as DRL but for now ill just turn ON the lights manually. I was also suprised that the switchback didnt hyperflash outside but only on the cluster. Annoying so ill also be changing that with forscan but something most people could probably be ok with if you werent comfortable using forscan or hacking up your harness.

My test drive was also good as far as i can tell no light is being glared at oncoming and im not lighting up peoples interiors or back mirrors. My truck had an extra leaf added from the dealer when i bought it im sure they didnt adjust the headlights so i figure im pointing down a bit anyway.

All thats left is the test of time. Ill update anything if anything wrong with them. Hope this helps for someones decision making, Enjoy.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

So DRL dont turn on at all. Better than flicker i guess lol.

My bad DRL works fine with no anti flicker harness. Just has to be in gear. Lol.

Used forscan to turn off front turn signal outage and added parking lights to DRL. Bery happy with results

Last edited by 613XLT; 01-10-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the same bulbs in my '16 back in December. Bought the anti flicker but did not install. From what I have seen they do not flicker on my truck.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:27 AM

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 16SCREW
I installed the same bulbs in my '16 back in December. Bought the anti flicker but did not install. From what I have seen they do not flicker on my truck.
Same here. I have the anti flicker canbus but did not install it.

Quick Reply: Morimoto 2 stroke 2.0