Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYNC 3 and iPod Classic

Old 01-10-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 169 Likes on 117 Posts
Default SYNC 3 and iPod Classic

I have two iPod classics that I have used for years in my Ford trucks and they have worked very well with SYNC and My Ford Touch. But now that I have gotten my Raptor with SYNC 3, I am having issues. It will play just fine for awhile, then it will just lock up and a message will pop up on the screen that says device not found. At this point, I have to disconnect the iPod and restart it, then plug it back in to work. This happens almost every time I drive it or at least every other time. Very frustrating, as this is my main source for music.

I have tried both devices, and it will do it with both. I have also replaced my cable thinking that might be the issue, but to no avail.

Is anyone else out there using an iPod Classic and having the same issues (or not)? And does anybody know of any fixes for this issue?

I don't really want to hard wire my phone every time I get in, nor do I want to use Bluetooth. I like the classic because I can just keep it plugged in and hid away in the compartment where the USB connection is. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Hi RedX,

What generation are your iPod Classics? There seems to be an issue with the older models. Instead of switching to your phone for music, you can load all of your files onto a USB drive.

Shaay
Old 01-11-2017, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi RedX,

What generation are your iPod Classics? There seems to be an issue with the older models. Instead of switching to your phone for music, you can load all of your files onto a USB drive.

Shaay
I have two versions and neither work. One is an older 80 gig version and the other is the newer 160 gig version Apple had before they discontinued the classic. An USB drive is not a very viable option. I continually update my music library and playlists through iTunes, so trying to keep a USB drive up to date would be painful. With the classic, I just plug it in and sync it, then it's ready to go again. Less than 5 minute job. Is there any plans to update SYNC 3 to fix this bug? I am very disappointed that SYNC 3 has this issue. I have utilized this method for many years and it is very convenient.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:04 AM

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I assume, since you use iTunes, that you have the latest software and firmware on the ipods. You may want to contact apple to make them aware of this issue. I have a couple ipod classics also but I don't have SYNC 3 to test with.

PS: If you connect using the headset port of the ipod you can access the volume control and equalizer on the ipod for sound versatility but you lose indexing and have to control everything on the ipod.

Last edited by pat247; 01-12-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi RedX,

Shaay
Since I have an older and newer version of classic, it appears there is an issue with all of them. Will there be a SYNC 3 update that will address this issue?
Old 01-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

I'm unable to speculate on the release of any future updates. It's best to share your concerns on our Social site: Social.Ford.com Our engineers monitor the page for feedback.

Shaay
Old 01-12-2017, 07:52 PM

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

along these same lines, with this new truck it doesnt have an SD card slot that i used to play music from.

Anyone know if i put that music on a USB flash drive will Sync 3 detect and allow me to play it? Or do i have to have a device like an ipod to do so?
Old 01-13-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by gentz002
along these same lines, with this new truck it doesnt have an SD card slot that i used to play music from.

Anyone know if i put that music on a USB flash drive will Sync 3 detect and allow me to play it? Or do i have to have a device like an ipod to do so?
Read above comment.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RedX
Read above comment.
haha thanks man, guess i missed that

Search this Thread