Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 ford raptor

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 11:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2017 ford raptor

Hi I just purchased a used 2017 ford raptor with 8000 miles in fantastic condition. So far very happy. The raptor has the 802a and the technology package on it. I have a few questions in regards to the contents of the packages and their contents.

1. Did the 2017 raptors come with heated rear seats if the 802a package was included with the truck. If not does ford have kit you can purchase from ford thru your local dealer to add heated rear seats. Mine does not have it.

2. I hate to sound ignorant, but how does the WI-FI work ?

3. Do you need to purchase additional Mobil support from ford to operate all the apps. On the truck like Wi-Fi.

4. Do you have to buy sync 3 from ford to use it and operate it.

5. Are text messages only received in the truck thru your Apple phone being plugged into the truck ? For example in the Toyota Tundra I had,text messages would come thru without having the Apple phone plugged into the truck.

6. Again to run all the different apps. Like text, maps, and Apple car play is that something you need to purchase from ford or at&t.

7. How often are raptor owners having service work done , every 3000 miles or 5000 miles for example.

8. Are raptor owners running the stock tires year round ? Or are you changing them for different times of the year. I live in the northeast with a lot of snow. This truck will see some off roading, but mostly driving on pavement.

i have not dug into the manual yet, although I will be soon. Just looking for a little heads up before I do.

thanks.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:19 PM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts

Heated rear seats are an option not part of the 802A. Not aware of a dealer/factory kit. You can likely piece together all the parts necessary and activate it through Forscan.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt
Heated rear seats are an option not part of the 802A. Not aware of a dealer/factory kit. You can likely piece together all the parts necessary and activate it through Forscan.
Thank you.Does anybody know if the heated steering wheel is part of the 802a or is it a stand alone option ?If it is a stand alone option, can it be added after the fact by ford ? I don’t think mine came with a heated steering wheel. Two things I wanted that I assumed would be on the truck and are not with the 802 a package. Complete stupidity on my part ! I should have never assumed.I will probably trade the raptor back in. Can not imagine a $ 70,000.0 msrp truck with no heated steering wheel or heated rear seats. My ignorance and my own fault. Boy was that a expensive mistake !
Old 01-30-2018, 03:23 PM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts

2017 the heated wheel was an option with the 802A. In 2018 it is standard with the 802A. Yes it can be added but you have to replace the steering wheel and enable the function in Forscan.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt
2017 the heated wheel was an option with the 802A. In 2018 it is standard with the 802A. Yes it can be added but you have to replace the steering wheel and enable the function in Forscan.
thank you very much. Good info.

do you know, can rear heat be added to the rear seats thru ford.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ME120
Thank you.Does anybody know if the heated steering wheel is part of the 802a or is it a stand alone option ?If it is a stand alone option, can it be added after the fact by ford ? I don’t think mine came with a heated steering wheel. Two things I wanted that I assumed would be on the truck and are not with the 802 a package. Complete stupidity on my part ! I should have never assumed.I will probably trade the raptor back in. Can not imagine a $ 70,000.0 msrp truck with no heated steering wheel or heated rear seats. My ignorance and my own fault. Boy was that a expensive mistake !
If you do have a heated wheel you can see the element on the wheel. The controls are in the climate screen.

You can run the bfg tires all year. Just check the air pressure. I run around 35psi. the trucks ship with 50psi.

Oil changes anywhere from 3k to 5k miles is fine.

The truck can hook to wifi for updates but it isnt a wifi hotspot.

Sync 3 can be uploaded with usb.

I dont have an Iphone sorry. I think if you plug it into the usb under the radio it might work.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Crooks
If you do have a heated wheel you can see the element on the wheel. The controls are in the climate screen.

You can run the bfg tires all year. Just check the air pressure. I run around 35psi. the trucks ship with 50psi.

I dont have an Iphone sorry. I think if you plug it into the usb under the radio it might work.
thank you very much for the information. Very much appreciated. That is a big help.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Crooks

i was told today that because my raptor did not come with a heated steering wheel from the factory that I can not add one from ford.

i am very depressed ! I just assumed that the 2017 802a raptor came with a heated steering wheel like the 2018, but it does not. Never assume.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ME120

i was told today that because my raptor did not come with a heated steering wheel from the factory that I can not add one from ford.

i am very depressed ! I just assumed that the 2017 802a raptor came with a heated steering wheel like the 2018, but it does not. Never assume.
If lack of a heated steering wheel makes you depressed, you bought the wrong truck.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Grumble
If lack of a heated steering wheel makes you depressed, you bought the wrong truck.
you are right I did. But I do realize that it is my own fault for assuming and not doing my homework. I mean a $ 69,500.00 msrp truck with no heated steering wheel and no heated rear seats ? Really ?. Again I learned a expensive lesson.

Quick Reply: 2017 ford raptor