Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Issues with alignment after Belltech install

Old 04-18-2019, 10:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Issues with alignment after Belltech install

Hey Fellas,
I just installed my Belltech 1000SP and carried the truck to Ford for my alignment and they called me back and said they couldn't do the alignment without me buying a caster/camber kits. I called Belltech and asked them why they didn't say one would be needed and they said they hadn't heard of anyone needing one. The way a kit works is by an alignment hole in the frame but that is no longer there due to having to elongate the lower control arm bolts holes by 1/2 per the directions of Belltech. Anyone on here that work in a shop and does alignments that can better help me understand how a kit is going to help?

Last edited by Avent2019; 04-18-2019 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Vroom vroom

Received 415 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Avent2019
Hey Fellas,
I just installed my Belltech 1000SP and carried the truck to Ford for my alignment and they called me back and said they couldn't do the alignment without me buying a caster/camber kits. I called Belltech and asked them why they didn't say one would be needed and they said they hadn't heard of anyone needing one. The way a kit works is by an alignment hole in the frame but that is no longer there due to having to elongate the lower control arm bolts holes by 1/2 per the directions of Belltech. Anyone on here that work in a shop and does alignments that can better help me understand how a kit is going to help?
I had a suspension shop install mine. They did not have any issues at all with alignment
Old 04-19-2019, 12:04 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I didnt understand why they were saying they needed it either.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:35 PM

Received 260 Likes on 191 Posts

I had a shop tell me the same thing also, I told them to align it anyway and just tighten it up.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:09 PM

I assure you that I won't be going back to Sunbelt Ford in Sylvester GA. Not only did it take them 2 days to do it, they charged me an extra $85 bc it was a modified vehicle. Crappy service and uneducated employees.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:42 PM
Blown Member

Received 185 Likes on 152 Posts

If you drop the front more than 2" then you have to elongate the slots to be able to align the front end. Cam bolts are only good for the distance of the stock slot. If the slots are elongated for a lower than 2" drop it is aligned like from the factory with no cam bolts.
The 1000 kit is a 3" front drop. If you elongated the slots like the instruction say to do then they should be able to align it. If they continue to say you need cam bolts take it somewhere else.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Directions say to elongate the slot. Legit way is to purchase adjustable upper control arms. I'm getting a set from IHC suspension. I've been running mine lowered as is for 4 months. Too much negative camber but other than that its straight. I'd like to not wear through tires and also have the correct camber so it looks a little better.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:06 PM

I actually didnt drop mine below the 2" setting but the direction said to elongate for anything over 1". I originally went with the 2/4 drop but didnt like the look so I went ahead and removed the shim on the rear and front drop brackets (still have to do CCB). Now the truck sits almost level. If you were to run the fronts with no spacers like the 3/5 calls for, the wheels would be inside the front fender. I left the front setup for the 2" and did the rear the full flip and it's right at level. I wish I lived in a location that deals with dropped trucks but unfortunately I dont so my options were limited. They were able to get me in factory specs but it was like pulling teath with these wet behind the ear techs. I'll post pics soon.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:16 PM

Received 226 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Avent2019
I actually didnt drop mine below the 2" setting but the direction said to elongate for anything over 1". I originally went with the 2/4 drop but didnt like the look so I went ahead and removed the shim on the rear and front drop brackets (still have to do CCB). Now the truck sits almost level. If you were to run the fronts with no spacers like the 3/5 calls for, the wheels would be inside the front fender. I left the front setup for the 2" and did the rear the full flip and it's right at level. I wish I lived in a location that deals with dropped trucks but unfortunately I dont so my options were limited. They were able to get me in factory specs but it was like pulling teath with these wet behind the ear techs. I'll post pics soon.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:10 AM

As soon as I get back into town, I'll post. Away on travel at the moment and will return Friday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Issues with alignment after Belltech install