Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

reverse/back up sensor issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reverse/back up sensor issues

The last couple days I am getting a phantom back up obstacle warning from my reverse sensor just after I put it in reverse then touch the gas. I get 3 rapid pings then another 3...I checked the sensitivity getting close to stuff and that works but i cannot figure out why it pings right off the bat with nothing in the way to set it off.
any ideas?
cheers,
P

I should add it was wet and rainy out, the sensors were clean on the outside..should I try and clean out the road crap from behind the bumper or will spraying water in there cause more issue than its worth?

Today it was dry and no beeping...I hope it is not a wet issue!
Old 10-26-2007, 10:09 PM

Default I want one for the front

I need a backup sensor for the front. I want to know how close I am the whatever is in front of me. My rear view camera does the job of backing.
I am not sure of the issue of turning the sensor on when shifting into reverse and how to get around that. Maybe just a switch on the center console or leave it powered up all the time. Any one have one of these mounted on the front?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:15 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

front sensors would be a joke, just learn how to drive your truck.

anywho, as for the backup sensors, there should be a harness on the backside of the sensors, I would unplug them, spray em down electrical contact cleaner, and put dieletric grease on the harness contacts.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:16 PM

Received 228 Likes on 203 Posts

could always put those school bus bumper-mounted mirrors up front :-)~
Old 10-27-2007, 08:40 PM

Default O*****nizzle I know how to drive my truck....

I just have the occasion that front sensors would come in handy. I can afford them too... I am not some poor white trash trailer park punk with a souped up old Thunderbird. By the way... Ron Paul has no chance, get a real candidate... of course... you must identify with losers.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:04 PM

Received 228 Likes on 203 Posts

When one attacks the individual instead of the issue, the dialogue becomes a lost cause.

Last edited by wde3477; 10-27-2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: grammar correction
Old 10-28-2007, 02:26 AM
none.

Originally Posted by wesbilly
I just have the occasion that front sensors would come in handy. I can afford them too... I am not some poor white trash trailer park punk with a souped up old Thunderbird. By the way... Ron Paul has no chance, get a real candidate... of course... you must identify with losers.
i live in a trailer? thats cute. and my old thunderbird can blow the doors off of anything you drive.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:29 AM
none.

Originally Posted by wesbilly
i could identify with you, but thats way beneath my trailer park, college educated, ignorant, souped up old thunderbird driving, cracker ***. Thanks for the encouragement. Ill just take my 250k worth of I Bonds and buy a larger trailer or maybe just the whole trailer park.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:04 AM

All sensors are a joke. They are for soccer moms and yuppies who can't drive.

Hear is how you learn.
When backing up don't hit sh**.
If you do you will soon learn this habit gets expensive to fix and soon your mind will adjust and not back into things.

And the pathetic thing is the trailer trash punk has enough sense to drive without sensors therefor making you the loser. LOL

Last edited by 420pimp; 10-28-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:14 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by obusnizzle
i could identify with you, but thats way beneath my trailer park, college educated, ignorant, souped up old thunderbird driving, cracker ***. Thanks for the encouragement. Ill just take my 250k worth of I Bonds and buy a larger trailer or maybe just the whole trailer park.

owned?

you all know what I think, trucks are for people who need them, and can drive em....

Quick Reply: reverse/back up sensor issues