Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Really, Really frustrated...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Big Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Really, Really frustrated...

I'm getting ready to throw my edge evolution out the window. I lose power when trying to accelerate quickly and the wrench warning light comes on and I'm getting a P061F code internal control module throttle actuator controller performance. I've called edge like 10 times, done the updates at least 5 times, they said they would have engineers look at it and today after a few months of this mess they tell me to update it again, but this time they tell me to clean the throttle body and throttle plate. If I read correctly, I think that controls the air flow to the engine? Is this correct? Also, I think my air filter may be pretty dirty, I just realized I haven't checked it in awhile. Could this be the problem? I'm hopeing it is cause I'm pretty frustrated already. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

I can not imagine those things causing such a dramatic problem in the truck. Good luck getting things ironed out.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Big Blue

Thanks, I'm about out of ideas. I am ready to take the tuner off but don't like the difference I feel without it.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'm by far no expert but the throttle body sends the right mixture of air and gas to the engine. The throttle position sensor may be bad. That just tells the truck how hard you are pushing on the throttle. I no with the 2004s you have to replace the hole throttle body but after 2004 you can just replace the sensor if that is your problem. I'd say if you replaced the throttle body that would take care of your problem. This is just my opinion though. Hope it helps
Old 03-22-2010, 05:38 PM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

clean your MAF, hell its worth a shot.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just so you know you aren't alone mine has done this twice right after i switched to level 3. both times i have just switched back to level 2 and it's back to running perfectly fine. let us know if you figure it out.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Big Blue

Well, I changed my air filter last night, and it seemed to run fine this morning. No problems so far, knock on wood. It wasn't a very cold morning either though, so I'll wait til we have another cold morning before getting excited about it being fixed.

Dillon: I also found that it would do that if I was running regular gas, if you move to level three, you may want to put plus or supreme.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lovemystx4x4
Well, I changed my air filter last night, and it seemed to run fine this morning. No problems so far, knock on wood. It wasn't a very cold morning either though, so I'll wait til we have another cold morning before getting excited about it being fixed.

Dillon: I also found that it would do that if I was running regular gas, if you move to level three, you may want to put plus or supreme.
i have been running at least 91 octane
Old 03-23-2010, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been thinking of getting the Edge and I am now concerned reading of these problems. Have you guys been happy with it, how has the customer service been? Pros-Cons?

Sorry to jack the thread but figured since you guys have the edge....
Old 03-23-2010, 08:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd take off the Edge programming and see if you still have the issue. If so, then at least you know it's not the Edge's fault.

Quick Reply: Really, Really frustrated...