Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Magnaflow question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Wiggs

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Magnaflow question?

Alright, so after listening to a lot y'all's opinion on exhaust, I have decided to go with Magnaflow DI/DO stainless steel muffler part #11379. I plan on having the muf shop just run true duals back out 45 degrees behind each tire. The question I have is will I NEED a "X" pipe? I am thinking no since the muffler is DI/DO, but heck I don't know. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-11-2009, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had "duals" installed on mine. My system is also Magnaflow (nice choice, by the way). Being that I didn't want to spend a fortune, I had them install a SI/DO unpolished stainless Magnaflow. This went in right behind the stock Y pipe, acting as an X pipe. It sounds really good (not too loud, nice and throaty) then tapers off when you're cruising. It's a good system that's cheaper than running two seperate mufflers.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by bigwiggs
Alright, so after listening to a lot y'all's opinion on exhaust, I have decided to go with Magnaflow DI/DO stainless steel muffler part #11379. I plan on having the muf shop just run true duals back out 45 degrees behind each tire. The question I have is will I NEED a "X" pipe? I am thinking no since the muffler is DI/DO, but heck I don't know. Thanks in advance!
I have the magnaflow 11379 and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty (the salt on the roads here in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it here magnaflow 11379 , or you can try one of the vendors here, they are always running sales/specials. either way its a great system and very easy to install. good luck
Old 05-15-2009, 11:37 AM

I installed the Magnaflow SI/DO system on mine. Definitely made it more responsive, sounds great under acceleration and mellows out quite nicely cruising.
I don't know if it would be highly beneficial to do true duals from the cats, though I imagine it would still be some. As far as using a "X" pipe, I hear that it helps scavenging effect from the cylinbers and increases low end power some. Again, I don't know how beneficial it would really be.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Buck

I have the Magnaflow duel straight out the back system, It sounds great!!
Old 05-17-2009, 03:50 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

My Flow 40 system rusted out in 3 1/2 yrs so about a month ago I went with an 18" SI/DO Magnaflow. No more snap,crackle and pop when I start up and no drone in cab either. Quiet idle but loud when you "hammer down". Well satisfied so far but I'll see in about a year how the salt water down here will have an effect on the stainless housing.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:57 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Old 05-18-2009, 08:26 AM

PAWPAW That thing is pretty clean underneath, they rarely look that good here after one winter. They put down so much salt on the roads here to melt the ice it eats most anything.

After one winter my system only has a slight bit of surface rust, a factory system, as improved as they are on newer vehicles, wouldn't fair any better on exterior surfaces, so I think the Magnaflow may hold up pretty well.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow question?