Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Lightning Mods.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightning Mods.

GREATINGS from Englishtown New Jersey......Hey Everyone, I just got a GREAT deal on a 2004 Lightning that I picked up this past Saturday. The truck only has 15000 miles on it and is like brand new. I wanted to know what performance bolt on's are the best to go with?? I was thinking of putting a smaller blower pully on for some more power, is there a big differance when that's done? How much more power did you get? Did you dino it with and without? If not how did it feal seat of the pants? Is there any down side to doing it like belt slipping? Basicly I would love to hear about ANY mods. done to a 2004 Lightning as far as power and performance goes and I would like to know how much more power or performance you got out of each mod.??? Thanks So Much In Advance, Johnnnny
Old 09-25-2007, 07:05 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnny Rock
GREATINGS from Englishtown New Jersey......Hey Everyone, I just got a GREAT deal on a 2004 Lightning that I picked up this past Saturday. The truck only has 15000 miles on it and is like brand new. I wanted to know what performance bolt on's are the best to go with?? I was thinking of putting a smaller blower pully on for some more power, is there a big differance when that's done? How much more power did you get? Did you dino it with and without? If not how did it feal seat of the pants? Is there any down side to doing it like belt slipping? Basicly I would love to hear about ANY mods. done to a 2004 Lightning as far as power and performance goes and I would like to know how much more power or performance you got out of each mod.??? Thanks So Much In Advance, Johnnnny
Put a smaller pulley on the top and a larger pulley on the bottom.. Easy 50 hp gain. Get a customer SCT tuner and have it dyno tuned. This is HIGHLY reccomended. I know you are in Englishtown, but I'll bet you can get you a decent deal if you want to bring it to Florida and have it dyno tuned. PM GT358 he is a tuning GURU. Troyer is really good too. I have NFI where he is located or if he has a dyno. If he is closer then Troyer would be the man to go to.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:12 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site!! Any pics of the truck?? And X2 on what NGM said. I know guys that have done that to their Cobras.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:33 AM

Thanks Everyone, I will take some pictures by this weekend and post them. Johnnny
Old 09-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Beer Drinker

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome Johnny. You got a Lightning & you still wanna go faster, I can dig it!!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:01 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TN Jim
Welcome Johnny. You got a Lightning & you still wanna go faster, I can dig it!!

x2!!! You've definitely got bitten by a little bug.....
Old 09-26-2007, 06:18 PM
The Blue Beast

actually bitten by 2 bugs .. mod bug and speed bug .. I can definitely understand it haha ..
Old 09-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Ro™2k0F150

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For the lightning guy.. Welcome man...

As far as lightning mods... some mods have been mentioned.. you can also get a functional ram air hood, natural air flowing getting better power str8 2 da intake ... also heard the electric fans keep it cool against having loss of power..

Hope this helps..

Quick Reply: Lightning Mods.