Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Getting sick of mechanics...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Nut up or shut up

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Getting sick of mechanics...

So I had my CEL come on a few weeks ago and it was my FTP sensor assembly that needed replacing. Ford wanted like $700 for it to be done so I went to a few other shops. AAMCO had the best price for someone who wasnt sketchy so I took it to them, gave them the part # and name, and waited for it to be ordered. I took it in today and they dropped the tank, and after 3 hours called me saying the part was wrong. Told me I could leave it til monday or tuesday free of charge, or have it put back together tomorrow so I could use it during the weekend for a fee of $100. WTF kind of **** is that, I pay extra for their **** up? I was supposed to get it an hour ago.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:09 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

I usually try to do almost all of my own work, did damn near everything on my TBird. That being said, sometimes, its just smarter to have the dealership take care of work. Establish a good relationship with your service writer and they can and will take care of you. Since you already bit the bullet on the cheaper guy, just make sure they take care of the problem.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Nut up or shut up

Originally Posted by obusnizzle
I usually try to do almost all of my own work, did damn near everything on my TBird. That being said, sometimes, its just smarter to have the dealership take care of work. Establish a good relationship with your service writer and they can and will take care of you. Since you already bit the bullet on the cheaper guy, just make sure they take care of the problem.
I had a great relationship with the old writer but he left for another dealership in maine or something. I usually try to do my own work but this requires dropping the gas tank and changing all the hoses and everything and I didnt feel like tackling that task so I said whatever. I just wish they wernt so stupid and making me pay for their ignorance.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's hard to find a good shop, but how was it their mess up if you gave them the part # and name of it?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

I used to work at the shop I take my junk to, so I have faith in their work lol. Small shop so the service write is also the owner and head mechanic. I don't know what your area is like, but here in small town iowa its pretty easy to find a small shop that's easy to trust.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:25 PM

Received 84 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by obusnizzle
ya, but as you know all those guys around Sawgrass Mills Mall, Pembroke Pines, and Cocoanut Grove still charge an *** ton of money
Old 04-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Nut up or shut up

Originally Posted by Hewgull
It's hard to find a good shop, but how was it their mess up if you gave them the part # and name of it?
Theyre the ones that gave me the part number. AAMCO and ford both did a diagnostic and gave the same part..
Old 04-10-2013, 08:35 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I wonder if you knew having a custom programming can give false codes?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Nut up or shut up

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
I wonder if you knew having a custom programming can give false codes?
Can it? I dont think my programming is custom. I just set it on level 2 and changed my tire size. It's the evap emissions system code (p0451)
Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by CPT150
ya, but as you know all those guys around Sawgrass Mills Mall, Pembroke Pines, and Cocoanut Grove still charge an *** ton of money

actually i dont, i dont live any where near Broward County. I take my truck to Wayne Akers. My service writer first sold my dad a Bronco in 1992.

Quick Reply: Getting sick of mechanics...