Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

front crash sensor, need part #

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question front crash sensor, need part #

anyone have the part # for the front crash sensor pigtail? the sensor corroded and my air bag light is on. when i tried to to remove the sensor the clip on the pigtail broke. ive looked them up and they are around $400 for the new one but i seen a thread for just the pig tail for around $30...
Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Connector C177 (BK)

Looks like part 12A581
Old 03-19-2010, 05:00 PM

so thats the number i take to the dealer?
i tried google with no luck?
thanks for the help!
Old 03-19-2010, 05:05 PM

Those are the numbers from the connector end view diagram in the service manual. Best I can do. I think the 12A581 is actually the middle field of the normal three field part number.

My manual is for an 06, I'd think they're probably the same though.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:08 PM

Looks like it's the same, I found this on google on another forum:

SECTION 501-20B: Supplemental Restraint System 2004 F-150 Workshop Manual
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION Procedure revision date: 08/12/2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Front Impact Severity Sensor Printable View (114 KB)
WARNING: Always wear safety glasses when repairing an air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) vehicle and when handling an air bag module. This will reduce the risk of injury in the event of an accidental deployment.

WARNING: Vehicle sensor orientation is critical for proper system operation. If a vehicle equipped with an air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) is involved in a collision, inspect the sensor mounting bracket and wiring pigtail for deformation. Replace and properly position the sensor or any other damaged supplemental restraint system (SRS) components whether or not the air bag is deployed.

NOTE: The SRS must be fully operational and free of faults before releasing the vehicle to the customer.

NOTE: The air bag warning lamp illuminates when the RCM fuse is removed and the ignition switch is ON. This is normal operation and does not indicate a supplemental restraint system (SRS) fault.

NOTE: Repair is made by installing a new part only. If the new part does not correct the condition, install the original part and carry out the diagnostic procedure again.

Depower the system. For additional information, refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Depowering and Repowering in this section.
WARNING: The tightening torque of the air bag front impact severity sensor retaining bolt is critical for correct system operation.

CAUTION: If the hood latch support bracket is damaged in any way that would affect the way the front impact severity sensor mounts to its original manufactured position, a new hood latch support bracket must be installed.

NOTE: Make sure the hood latch support bracket and front impact severity sensor mating surfaces are clean and free if foreign material.

NOTE: The front impact severity sensor is mounted to the hood latch support bracket.

Remove the parts in the order indicated in the following illustration and table.

Item Part Number Description
1 W707305 Front impact severity sensor bolt
2 12A581 Front impact severity sensor connector
3 14B004 Front impact severity sensor
Installation Note

NOTE: Align the locators on the front impact severity sensor to the holes of the hood latch support bracket.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:34 PM

yep, thats what i found.
google the highlighted section and you get this!
Amazon Amazon

ouch!!! 450 bucks!
it has to be the WHOLE harness??
im looking for just the plug for the front crash sensor:
14B004 Front impact severity sensor
Old 10-05-2011, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by 88rxn/a
yep, thats what i found.
google the highlighted section and you get this!
http://www.amazon.com/Ford-4C3Z-12A5.../dp/B001H2RHQ0

ouch!!! 450 bucks!
it has to be the WHOLE harness??
im looking for just the plug for the front crash sensor:
14B004 Front impact severity sensor
Did you ever have any luck finding the plug? I'm in need of one currently for an 04.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All the connectors are available as a pigtail as a service item.

the Motorcraft catalog for the connectors is pretty cool, starts with 1 pin connectors and works all the way up.

I will tell you that those connectors are not usually cheap.

If you can find the part number you can order it online from TascaParts.com. Their internet division sells at cost plus 10, which is about 40 off list IIRC

There is one wholesale parts guy at Tasca who knows that catalog front and back. Hpillivant@tasca.com is his email address, if you ask nicely I bet he will look it up for you. Once you get the part number from him you can order it online.

Just make sure you put at least the last 7 of your VIN in the email so he can look it up easier.

Quick Reply: front crash sensor, need part #