Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

In-Dash Nav / HU

Old 02-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Mother F'N CRAZY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In-Dash Nav / HU

so,

after careful deliberation, i have decided to nix the apline unit and swap it for the Eclipse AVN5495 with all the goodies.

Any one here using that unit and have any feedback? i got the Alpine sight-unseen as no one has the more expensive units on display to play around with and after talking with a few people that have it, i am concerned about the reliability of the unit.

I have only heard bad about the alpines and i talked to my distributor and can swap for the Eclipse unit. Problem is that i have heard NOTHING either way on the eclipse... this is the one with the 30gb hard drive built in.

thanks in advance.

- J
Old 02-15-2008, 09:46 AM

I have the pioneer avic z2, its excellent, very reliable and comes with all the extras.. bluetooth, ipod, dvd, camera, 30 gig hd, 10gig music space.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:00 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I was so close to pulling the trigger for a Pioneer Avic D3 combo package last night. Came with the blue tooth, ipod adaptor and installation kits for $799 shipped. Just trying to justify that those 6 mile round trips to work are worth spending $800 on. If I can actually hold out and stick with my stock unit for a little while longer I should be able to get it alot cheaper.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Mother F'N CRAZY!

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
I was so close to pulling the trigger for a Pioneer Avic D3 combo package last night. Came with the blue tooth, ipod adaptor and installation kits for $799 shipped. Just trying to justify that those 6 mile round trips to work are worth spending $800 on. If I can actually hold out and stick with my stock unit for a little while longer I should be able to get it alot cheaper.
Actually that is a wonderful unit, however, you can not listen to CD and use NAV at the same time, its either one or the other since it is DVD based nav with only a single slot.... why they did that seeing as how the previous model, the D2 had dual slots (and a price tage $500 more) but i think worth it.

- J
Old 02-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Originally Posted by ImRickJamesBitch
Actually that is a wonderful unit, however, you can not listen to CD and use NAV at the same time, its either one or the other since it is DVD based nav with only a single slot.... why they did that seeing as how the previous model, the D2 had dual slots (and a price tage $500 more) but i think worth it.

- J
That was the one negative I had heard about the unit. My plan though (if I end up ordering it) is to simply plug in the ipod and never have to worry about playing a CD anyways.

Well I did it, pulled the trigger and ordered myself the D3. Got what I thought was a pretty sweet deal on ebay for a brand new one $489.99 with free shipping and only $5.50 for insurance.

Last edited by wxmcpo; 02-16-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Mother F'N CRAZY!

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
That was the one negative I had heard about the unit. My plan though (if I end up ordering it) is to simply plug in the ipod and never have to worry about playing a CD anyways.

Well I did it, pulled the trigger and ordered myself the D3. Got what I thought was a pretty sweet deal on ebay for a brand new one $489.99 with free shipping and only $5.50 for insurance.
not bad by any means! congrats... its actually a hell of a head unit for what its worth. i just have a lot of MP3 CDs that i use (i dont have an iPod, only iPhone and the GSM intertference is annoying when hooked into a head unit).

- J
Old 02-17-2008, 12:06 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ImRickJamesBitch

- J
I had a Avic-N1 in my 02. I would load my destination in and save it, then I could play CDs while on my trip. Is that not an option
Old 02-18-2008, 06:21 PM

Since this threads already been derailed, wxmcpo where did you get the d3 from, a store on ebay? I'm looking for one now and thats a great price. A link would be awsome if they have more.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Originally Posted by BackInBlack
Since this threads already been derailed, wxmcpo where did you get the d3 from, a store on ebay? I'm looking for one now and thats a great price. A link would be awsome if they have more.
Yeah got it on ebay, but unfortunately the guy had 10 to sell and I was able to snap up the last one. They all went in a matter of like 2 hours. I was reading the guys feedback and kept going back to make sure someone else didn't steal the last one out from under me. I read like 2 pages of feedback and decided I couldn't risk it being out there any longer and pressed the buy it now button.

I have seen a few others listed as brand new on there for the low $500's, you just ahve to time it right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: In-Dash Nav / HU