Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

code p0182 cel? and edge evo tuner

Old 12-31-2015, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default code p0182 cel? and edge evo tuner

Yesterday afternoon i went to the movies with my brother and gramps in my f150. On the way there i had it in the stage 2 edge evo's tune and it drove great, just like any other day. After the movies i went to start the truck, it started and ran fine, except the check engine light was on. The code i pulled off the tuner said p0182 which is the fuel temperature sensor. I pulled off in another parking lot and changed to the stock tune fearing i may cause damage. after i changed the tune to stock the cel and code went away. About 45 minutes later i went to a restaurant and changed the tune back to lvl 2 to try and mock the situation. The cel did not come on and the engine ran fine. (btw jasper reman in july). started the truck this morning and the cel came on, same code. Changed it back to stock, code went away. It seems to me the pattern is when the engine is cold and the performance tune. i searched the forums and couldn't find anything just like this. has anyone had anything like this happen? i also looked at and around the sensor and no wires were chewed and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. thanks in advance
Old 01-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

I would replace the temp/pressure sensor on the fuel rail...double check the connection first electrical and vacuum ...
Old 01-01-2016, 03:17 PM

ok i went after the electrical connection with a volt meter and it was getting 5 volts to the sensor. From what i heard the sensor get 4-6 volts. so the electrical component is good. I took off the vacuum line and checked it. No holes. I imagine if it had no vacuum i would get more codes. can anyone clarify this for me? im going to hopefully get the sensor tonight.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/77...ode-p0182.html
Old 01-07-2016, 10:00 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Switching tunes on the Edge clears the code when it wipes memory for the new tune so if it's intermittent, Number 2 could be a coincidence. If the code never comes back on stock tune, then the clues could be in the settings tweaked by the tune. As I recall, Number 2 is mostly shift points so I'm having a hard time figuring how that could trigger a fuel code.

Just to be perfectly clear, you get the CEL ON, plus the diagnostic code from the Edge? I've had several codes thrown on the Edge that didn't trigger a CEL so just want to make sure I understand.

Where do you live? One of the causes for that code is low ambient temp!
Old 01-07-2016, 10:17 PM

I've been driving it around for a few days and now it's always on. The sensor I think is the problem because it has 5 volts going to the sensor like it's supposed to and it has vacuum. The engine also runs fine, so I'm thinking thinking it's just a faulty sensor which costs about 90 dollars from Tasca parts. I just got to get around to ordering it. I also live in NC by the way so I don't think ambient temp would be a problem. Thanks you for all the help, I'll post back on here soon to say if the new sensor did the trick.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:27 PM

ok so i went to the scrapyard today and the guy had the exact part i needed. It was almost brand new and it only costs me $20 when the autoparts wants $115. Now the code and it is gone so it must have worked. Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 01-10-2016, 08:49 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Your welcome... and level 2 on your EDGE is not the performance tune...level 3 is and that will require you to run 91+ octane gas.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: code p0182 cel? and edge evo tuner