Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window tint

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:43 AM
2010fx4

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Window tint

So as soon as i got my f150 i tinted the front windows with the clearest window film.. then i had limo tint on the back windows and on monday i will have limo tint on the front windows.. has anybody been pulled over for having illegal tint?? what happens??.. yea i know the visibilty is horrible at night but ill just lower my windows and is it worth going for or im just gonna get pulled over right after i exit the tint shop?? opinions..
Old 06-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Master Electrician

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

you won't like the limo. sure its darker and may look cooler, but at night, you won't like it. it will exhibit a very distinct reflection of your dash. go ahead and try it if you want, but i don't think you will like it. been there, done that.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Ninja in training

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The cops in SC and Idaho never pulled me over for having too dark of tint. They did how ever give me a ticket on one occasion after they had me pulled over for a different reason. They (SC cops) had/have a light meter that slips on the top of the glass and goes down about 2-3 inches and it read the percentage of light allowed to pass thru. Just FYI. I have always tinted my windows and continue to tint them but I have noticed that as I get older I lower my windows alot more to see at night.

/\/\ Makes a great point about the reflections. They are something Ive gotten used to over the years.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:53 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

LEO's here if you get pulled over and they notice the darker tint make you remove it on the spot or have your truck towed.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:39 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

why not just go darkest legal on the front windows. Try not to be a cop magnet.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:44 AM

Received 117 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by obusnizzle
why not just go darkest legal on the front windows. Try not to be a cop magnet.
The newer 30 tint on drivers with 20 tint on the others is the best IMO...Legal and Useful
Old 06-12-2011, 12:06 PM
2010fx4

hahahah thanks for all the comments.. yeah i agree, but ive always wanted to try a dark dark tint in which people outside cant see you so thats mainly why i want to do it... no i decided i will go with semi-limo tint which is the one lower than limo. about the dash reflection i didnt really get that?

Trending Topics

Old 06-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010f150fx4
hahahah thanks for all the comments.. yeah i agree, but ive always wanted to try a dark dark tint in which people outside cant see you so thats mainly why i want to do it... no i decided i will go with semi-limo tint which is the one lower than limo. about the dash reflection i didnt really get that?
If you DO get pulled over, make sure to roll down the driver's window (as well as the passenger window if someone is with you) and have your hands clearly visible on the steering wheel or dash.
On many vehicles, there is a REASON the person inside does not want to be seen, and it makes LEO's very cautious (usually gun drawn and held where the driver can't at first see it) when they approach a blacked out vehicle.....your choice I guess.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sterlingone
If you DO get pulled over, make sure to roll down the driver's window (as well as the passenger window if someone is with you) and have your hands clearly visible on the steering wheel or dash.
On many vehicles, there is a REASON the person inside does not want to be seen, and it makes LEO's very cautious (usually gun drawn and held where the driver can't at first see it) when they approach a blacked out vehicle.....your choice I guess.

Have and always have had 15-20% on front windows in OK (5% back in HS, but that really doesn't count), never-ever had a problem with it, then or now, but I do exactly what this post above says, always have & always will, best approach on my/your part...imho...but like another post above, the older I get, I find myself rolling my windows down more at night???

Go for the limo tint, if you don't like it...you can always take it off.

One other note...has anybody put between 20-35% tint over their rear passenger and/or back glass???

Last edited by teamroper; 06-20-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:18 PM
2010fx4

haha yeah im going for it tomorrow ill post some pics of the tint... but what i really didnt egt is what they said earlier bedore of a reflection on the dash?

Quick Reply: Window tint