Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is lead frame

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is lead frame

seems my f150 is not changing out of gear, and i looked up a youtube vid of a guy having the same issue.
He said ford told him the part was called lead frame.
Please can anyone give me insight as to what a lead frame is? also has anyone had the same issues and found a solution.
thanks
Old 07-06-2018, 08:12 AM

Received 141 Likes on 108 Posts

If you have a 09-10, this is more commonly known as a TCM.

11+ the TCM was removed and integrated with the PCM. The part without the TCM is known as a molded lead frame.
The following 2 users liked this post by FLXLT:
Blondie70 (05-18-2019), White Whale (03-18-2024)
Old 05-18-2019, 06:38 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Got my letter the other day. I had this done 2 months ago and had to pay for it because my VIN wasn't included. I guess I will make a trip to the dealer for a refund.
The following users liked this post:
tomt5078 (05-19-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 04:51 PM

Received 127 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by ghking
seems my f150 is not changing out of gear, and i looked up a youtube vid of a guy having the same issue.
Please can anyone give me insight as to what a lead frame is? also has anyone had the same issues and found a solution.
thanks
Its not lead like fishing weight, its lead like lead a dog around, it’s part of the transmission that holds sensors and connects wires.

search “transmission recall”
The following users liked this post:
tomt5078 (05-19-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 06:10 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mustangdavey
Got my letter the other day. I had this done 2 months ago and had to pay for it because my VIN wasn't included. I guess I will make a trip to the dealer for a refund.

I got a letter too, you WILL got a refund!
Old 05-19-2019, 08:47 PM

Received 416 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee308
Its not lead like fishing weight, its lead like lead a dog around, it’s part of the transmission that holds sensors and connects wires.

search “transmission recall”
thanks, I've always wondered if it was lead, as in the metal, or lead, as in a wire lead of an electronic component.
Old 09-17-2022, 01:55 PM

Default Molded Lead Frame on 6R80 transmissions

Originally Posted by ghking
thanks
the molded lead frame on your transmission has the transmission output speed sensor and connects to your shift solenoids on the valve body of your transmission it it a critical part of the valve body , 1 48 mliion Ford vehicles are experiencing g natural issues with this molded lead frame and Ford claims the parts are currently unavailable. I know this because my F150 has been I. The shop for over a month now and there saying I won't get it vack until January.
there a bunch of crooks as far as I'm concerned
Old 11-09-2022, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by F150OLMSTED
the molded lead frame on your transmission has the transmission output speed sensor and connects to your shift solenoids on the valve body of your transmission it it a critical part of the valve body , 1 48 mliion Ford vehicles are experiencing g natural issues with this molded lead frame and Ford claims the parts are currently unavailable. I know this because my F150 has been I. The shop for over a month now and there saying I won't get it vack until January.
there a bunch of crooks as far as I'm concerned
Just told by my dealership the same thing. No idea when I will get my truck back. I am wondering if there are any class action lawsuits going yet.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:42 PM

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Arrow

tkinman...
Welcome!
Vehicle Information -none- provided

If you're not going to provide the vehicle information in your post(s), consider putting your complete vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, maintenance, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature to have it automagically included when you post.
» Edit Signature ««« -click-
*You have to be logged-in and don't forget to [ save ] it.
**If you're posting with a non-PC ap' insure that "full version" is selected to work properly.
Old 12-29-2022, 01:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lead frame found online

Originally Posted by tkinman
Just told by my dealership the same thing. No idea when I will get my truck back. I am wondering if there are any class action lawsuits going yet.
I recently went to the dealership and was told I needed a new lead frame but it is currently on backwater for 8 months. I told them 8 months is not an option. After several days I finally got the part number from them and saw it online where I could get it myself. There are plenty of refurbished parts which I did not want but I did find one OEM part for $50 less than they wanted at the dealership. I called the dealership and told them I found the part and they said they would put it on but would not warranty the part but would warranty their workmanship.

Quick Reply: what is lead frame