Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync problem on 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Sync problem on 2011

I'm having a really annoying problem with my Sync lately. This morning, the Sync would not work at all for the entire 6 mile trip to work. Press the voice button, nothing. Press AUX and it briefly says Sync then changes to FM. When I left work, the Sync worked just fine. This has happened on more than one occasion. Other times it won't come on for five minutes or so like it is slow to boot-up.

I pass a Ford dealer to and from work everyday. This morning I thought I'd stop in on my way home. Of course the darn thing worked fine this afternoon. I don't want to stop if it is working since they probably won't be able to do anything to troubleshoot.

Anyone else having these problems? I'm a little concerned because I'm going on a trip next week and I wanted to use the nav feature. By the way, this is on a 2011 XLT with the plain old head unit...no computer screen navigation.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Politically incorrect

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sometimes I have to really lay into the buttons........I'll press them and nothing happens. Usually after pressing both to the right and to the left everything is fine. Mine's a 2010.....
Old 07-15-2011, 09:16 PM

Received 108 Likes on 73 Posts

syncmyride.com has updates for your sync. You could try it and see if it's a cure. You will need your vin# and a usb data stick.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I occasionally have that problem, including after doing the sync update.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011BlueScrew
I'm having a really annoying problem with my Sync lately. This morning, the Sync would not work at all for the entire 6 mile trip to work. Press the voice button, nothing. Press AUX and it briefly says Sync then changes to FM. When I left work, the Sync worked just fine. This has happened on more than one occasion. Other times it won't come on for five minutes or so like it is slow to boot-up.

I pass a Ford dealer to and from work everyday. This morning I thought I'd stop in on my way home. Of course the darn thing worked fine this afternoon. I don't want to stop if it is working since they probably won't be able to do anything to troubleshoot.

Anyone else having these problems? I'm a little concerned because I'm going on a trip next week and I wanted to use the nav feature. By the way, this is on a 2011 XLT with the plain old head unit...no computer screen navigation.

Thanks!
I have the same issue............works fine one day.........a pain in the butt the next..........try to llisten to music on a usb....and nothing will work.......stop turn off the truck....restart and everything works like a charm..............it's getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Georgiaboy5.0L
I have the same issue............works fine one day.........a pain in the butt the next..........try to llisten to music on a usb....and nothing will work.......stop turn off the truck....restart and everything works like a charm..............it's getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have also had it happen to me a couple times...and on the 2011 Mustang I sold, did the same thing. Even after software updates it seems to have a mind of it's own at times.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I upgraded to Sync 3.2.2 last week, and it has been flawless since.

Trending Topics

Old 07-15-2011, 10:47 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

2010 works great, issues with 2011 version, there is a new update available that might fix it, saw a thread about it a while back, something about a dealer only update? I forget.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:24 AM

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Mine did that too the first few weeks I had the truck. It did not help that I bought a cheap USB that lost its capacity. The problem disappeared after a few weeks.

I did the synch update a couple of weeks ago. The hardest part was finding another USB stick that the website would download to. After trying 3 different sticks, the oldest one (4 years old) accepted the download. So now I keep that old stick in the truck as the designated USB updater.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:30 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will go to the dealer and see if they can do anything.

The other morning it wouldn't work. I stopped at a gas station for five minutes, started the truck back up and it worked just fine. Pain in the ***....

Quick Reply: Sync problem on 2011