Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync not working on Droid Phone

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sync not working on Droid Phone

This can not possibly be a new topic, but my search skills are not working. When I bought my truck I was particularly impressed with the fact that my Sync system would speak text to me and allow me to respond, hands free. At the time I had a Windows Phone by Samsung. I recently purchased a newer Samsung SIII, android based phone and now my Sync system, while allowing hands free calling, will no longer verbalize texts!

Please tell me I am just doing something wrong and not that only Windows phones will work with the Ford F-150 Microsoft Sync System!! It can not be that Ford would allow a software company to narrow their customer satisfaction to that extend!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

The speak your text function works fine on my Galaxy Note 2 and I'm pretty sure the S3 should support it as well. There are some settings in the Phone menu that had to be changed and I can't remember off the top of my head what they were, but I will search around and see what they were.

There aren't many settings in the Phone menu, so I would go in there and search around some and you will find where they are. I'm sure someone here will chime in on what they are if I don't find them first.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 AM

Received 175 Likes on 107 Posts

I to am having the same issue. I have a Galaxy S3.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

If you aren't already a member on the SyncMyRide Support site, do it and you would have found your answer pretty quick

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=5640

Go to Advanced Settings in the Phone Settings - Make sure MAP is turned ON
Go to Text Messages Notification - Make sure that is turned ON also

MAP is what most have turned off and that will fix it. However, you will also note in that link I provided that someone had to turn them both OFF and then back ON for it to start working again. This is how most Android 4.0 and above phones will get that notification to work.
The following users liked this post:
EcoboostDave (05-17-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 08:48 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TJFX2EB
If you aren't already a member on the SyncMyRide Support site, do it and you would have found your answer pretty quick

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=5640

Go to Advanced Settings in the Phone Settings - Make sure MAP is turned ON
Go to Text Messages Notification - Make sure that is turned ON also

MAP is what most have turned off and that will fix it. However, you will also note in that link I provided that someone had to turn them both OFF and then back ON for it to start working again. This is how most Android 4.0 and above phones will get that notification to work.
I am signed up for Syncmyride. The information they provided for this issue was absolutely worthless. As a matter of fact, two live conversations I had with Ford support personnel where even more worthless! They gave me the list of phones that they tested with Sync to determine which ones worked properly, including specific information on which ones will operate with SMS and Text. Basically, they said, Sorry, that is all we tested and we are too busy to keep up. I took the list to my cell service provider specifically to buy a phone that Ford says works. My provider said the Syncmyride list was worthless as all the phones listed were at least 1 1/2 to 3 years old and nobody sells them any more. I went back to Ford and asked when the list was going to be updated. No reply other than Sorry!

I am beyond p...ed at Ford's attitude. I will make sure any acquaintance I know hears this before buying a Ford Product.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Confused Member

Received 497 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingMike

I am signed up for Syncmyride. The information they provided for this issue was absolutely worthless. As a matter of fact, two live conversations I had with Ford support personnel where even more worthless! They gave me the list of phones that they tested with Sync to determine which ones worked properly, including specific information on which ones will operate with SMS and Text. Basically, they said, Sorry, that is all we tested and we are too busy to keep up. I took the list to my cell service provider specifically to buy a phone that Ford says works. My provider said the Syncmyride list was worthless as all the phones listed were at least 1 1/2 to 3 years old and nobody sells them any more. I went back to Ford and asked when the list was going to be updated. No reply other than Sorry!

I am beyond p...ed at Ford's attitude. I will make sure any acquaintance I know hears this before buying a Ford Product.
Yeah you tell em mike!!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Problem Solver

Received 358 Likes on 262 Posts

I don't see advanced settings... Other than in network settings.

I have an S4 if it helps - mine works, but kinda wanna know why if others ask.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:07 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by StuckZipper
I don't see advanced settings... Other than in network settings.

I have an S4 if it helps - mine works, but kinda wanna know why if others ask.

What I don't see is the least bit of effort on the part of Ford to address this issue or even acknowledge that they might have some vested interest in seeing it corrected. It appears that once they get you to "bite" with the Sync carrot out in front of you, they feel no follow on obligation to support the product!

Thanks to all of you for offering your experience. You support is much appreciated. Some have said they have no problems and some have said they did have problems, but were able to correct them with some setting adjustments. I tried to do what adjustments I could. In some cases, I could not find the features you referred to. Unfortunately, all were on vehicles newer than 2011.

Well, there. I just gave my self the answer. It's my own darn fault for owning such an old (2011) truck! Based on my outstanding experience with Ford so far, all I have to do is buy a brand new one and all my problems will be solved! NOT!

I'm thinking the closest I will get to Ford from now on is the engine under the hood of my Avitar above. No Sync, no radio, no GPS, no backup camera, no Sirius. JUST "SERIOUS", LOUD, SPEED.

Last edited by RoadKingMike; 05-29-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

If you have already paired with a different phone you need to perform a master reset and re-pair with your new phone.

1. Press the Phone Button on the dash.
2. Scroll repeatedly until SYSTEM SETTINGS appears in the radio display.
3. Press OK to enter the SYSTEM SETTINGS MENU.
4. Scroll repeatedly until ADVANCED appears in the radio display. Press OK.
5. Scroll repeatedly until MASTER RESET appears in the radio display.
6. Press OK. SYNC will ask you to confirm the reset.
7. Press OK to confirm.

If system settings is not shown click Return.

The following users liked this post:
cgytm (06-03-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Confused Member

Received 497 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingMike

What I don't see is the least bit of effort on the part of Ford to address this issue or even acknowledge that they might have some vested interest in seeing it corrected. It appears that once they get you to "bite" with the Sync carrot out in front of you, they feel no follow on obligation to support the product!

Thanks to all of you for offering your experience. You support is much appreciated. Some have said they have no problems and some have said they did have problems, but were able to correct them with some setting adjustments. I tried to do what adjustments I could. In some cases, I could not find the features you referred to. Unfortunately, all were on vehicles newer than 2011.

Well, there. I just gave my self the answer. It's my own darn fault for owning such an old (2011) truck! Based on my outstanding experience with Ford so far, all I have to do is buy a brand new one and all my problems will be solved! NOT!

I'm thinking the closest I will get to Ford from now on is the engine under the hood of my Avitar above. No Sync, no radio, no GPS, no backup camera, no Sirius. JUST "SERIOUS", LOUD, SPEED.
Yeah atta boy mike!!

Quick Reply: Sync not working on Droid Phone