Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screw amp mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screw amp mount

Apologize in advance if this have been covered but I cannot locate anything.

Im going to be installing new speakers and a 4 channel amp to the factory radio, and am having the darnedest time locating an adequate spot for the amp. My rear seats are up 99% of the time and I intend to keep it that way. So in the rear drivers side door seems to be the best spot I can find. It does fit under both seats, but would have to face wires coming back towards the rear seat, and just dont want that clutter.

I know how much of a pain its going to be to run all the wires through that little tube connecting the door, but does anyone have any better ideas? Or some pointers to make this easier on me? As of now I suppose run it just how it sits, wires all tied together running straight up into the bottom of the arm rest and into behind the panel. ( Id rather avoid abrupt bents in the wires, like turning and going straight down ) plus this gives easy access for adjustments.

Name:  20160523_202323_zps88agk6ec.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  284.8 KB
Old 05-23-2016, 09:04 PM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I mounted mine behind the rear seats ran everything through the floor super easy and no trace of anything
Old 05-23-2016, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt think the rear seats folded down? My bottom part flips up. I just got the truck last week so forgive me in advance haha.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WilliamWallace
I didnt think the rear seats folded down? My bottom part flips up. I just got the truck last week so forgive me in advance haha.
Yeah, it flips down but it's a pita to get open. I'll look for the link but basically you have to look down behind the back of the seat in the area of the headrest and you have to manipulate the latch. After that it will fold down then you could fold it back up and your done.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:25 PM

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by redrob820
Yeah, it flips down but it's a pita to get open. I'll look for the link but basically you have to look down behind the back of the seat in the area of the headrest and you have to manipulate the latch. After that it will fold down then you could fold it back up and your done.
Don't have any recent pics but this is when I first started installing it a couple years ago. Find a video of flip down F150 rear seat to see how it's done. Once you do it once it's easy but the first time is a pita

Name:  EEE3C9A0-8A88-4924-9BD8-A2187DBF6708.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  110.3 KB
Old 05-24-2016, 01:17 AM

Received 183 Likes on 112 Posts

Back wall.

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2014-s...-build-296133/
Old 05-24-2016, 07:39 AM

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

your door option isn't as easy as you think either, that little rubber tube between the chassis and the door actually has a plastic wire connector in it that acts like a "wall" with not alot of spare room in it to drill out for other larger wires.

Like others have said, flip down the back seat and mount it on the rear wall. clean and out of sight.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:43 AM

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by morehousej
your door option isn't as easy as you think either, that little rubber tube between the chassis and the door actually has a plastic wire connector in it that acts like a "wall" with not alot of spare room in it to drill out for other larger wires.

Like others have said, flip down the back seat and mount it on the rear wall. clean and out of sight.
Isn't the Molex connector only in the front door? My rear doors didn't have any connectors in them.

O.P. I put both my amps on the rear wall behind the seats as stated above. just use like a 15mm box end wrench and you can pull the release lever with it
Old 05-24-2016, 11:44 AM

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Pauli18c
Isn't the Molex connector only in the front door? My rear doors didn't have any connectors in them.

O.P. I put both my amps on the rear wall behind the seats as stated above. just use like a 15mm box end wrench and you can pull the release lever with it
oh maybe (and hopefully) you are right, I had read that it was in all 4 doors, then again I have a Scab not a Screw, so maybe there is a diff there. I didn't have mine apart there, Just going by what I had read once..... humm... might have to go check that out this afternoon.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:46 PM

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by morehousej
oh maybe (and hopefully) you are right, I had read that it was in all 4 doors, then again I have a Scab not a Screw, so maybe there is a diff there. I didn't have mine apart there, Just going by what I had read once..... humm... might have to go check that out this afternoon.
And I believe if your truck was built at the Kansas plant, you don't have molex connectors at all front, or rear. go figure.

I just drilled a hole in mine to run the wires

Quick Reply: Screw amp mount