Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the old sync

Old 12-14-2018, 03:22 AM

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts
Default the old sync

Is there a tutorial here about updating sync with a USB drive and download from the Ford owner website ? I have followed the sync update site's instructions over and over and my truck sync does not recognize there being anything on the USB drive. Also to note - at the beginning of the instructions on Ford Owner, it says the USB drive should be in FAT32 format. Later on in the instructions, it says the USB drive should be in exFAT format.

WHAT IN TARNATION
Old 12-14-2018, 07:53 AM

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Which version do you have? Which did you download?
Old 12-14-2018, 08:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Grey Mule
Is there a tutorial here about updating sync with a USB drive and download from the Ford owner website ? I have followed the sync update site's instructions over and over and my truck sync does not recognize there being anything on the USB drive. Also to note - at the beginning of the instructions on Ford Owner, it says the USB drive should be in FAT32 format. Later on in the instructions, it says the USB drive should be in exFAT format.

WHAT IN TARNATION
I have the same issue. Sync does not recognize the usb. Just keeping what came installed on a 2014.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I started the update and it never completed so I had to take it to the dealer to complete it. It took the 2 hours for them to complete the update.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:32 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

FAT32 is the proper format. Make sure you download the unzipped files to the USB drive.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Spiky
Which version do you have? Which did you download?
IDK. It hasn't been updated since March 2013.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
FAT32 is the proper format. Make sure you download the unzipped files to the USB drive.
Thanks Rick. It shows I have unzipped the files and copied them to the USB drive but then SYNC in the truck doesn't seem to know when the USB drive is plugged in. The SYNC-SETTINGS that is supposed to show in the menu doesn't show up.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pretz
I started the update and it never completed so I had to take it to the dealer to complete it. It took the 2 hours for them to complete the update.
What did they charge you ?
Old 12-18-2018, 07:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Grey Mule

WHAT IN TARNATION

Old Gray Mule. I tried it again yesterday and was successful at updating SYNC. I formatted the USB to fat32 so nothing else was on it but the update. Then I followed the second set of instructions on the ford owners website and it all worked. Took about half an hour.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the old sync